• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Avengers 1 9.6 $250k Sale

64 posts in this topic

Personally, from a financial aspect, I feel Cheetah sold at the right time. I think between now and Feb will be the best time to sell Avengers, but after the movie it'll drop. Look at prices of TOS 39's, both before the movies and now.

In any event, awesome book and congrats on the sale.

I dunno about the after part.. The 9.2 Saginaw copy sold for a whopping $72k

What I find interesting is the long term trend has been up for A1 in HG. It's really hard to tell if prices are near the top in the short term. For the long term, I will not bet against it.

+1

Short term, who knows but long term, HG Avengers 1's will continue to rise IMO.

For a LONG time, it was a very overlooked book while FF and ASM's got all the glory. It will never reach their heights but I think going forward it will be considered much more "key" than it has in the past if you ask me.

I'm still haunted by passing on VERY HG raw copies in the early 90's. Haspel and Tropic Comics offered me 1 and Crazy Ed had another at a local show. That was back when an uber HG copy could still be had for a few k max. Unfortunately, o was in college at the time and the purchases would have meant no comics and no partying for a year or so both of which I wouldn't give up.

Great decision by me! doh!

I probably shouldn't say anything but from the scan it does look like a soft 9.6.

I would bet though that in hand it looks like a solid 9.6. I think the very slight miswrap makes the spine SEEM like it is worse than it is in hand. Looking close, I don't see very many stresses at all but at a glance the tiny miswrap makes the spine look a little more worn than it actually is in hand I'd bet.

Either way, it's a 9.6 and WAAAAY outta my league! That's the nicest #1 I've seen other than MAYBE Schmells. Despite our differences, I'm definitely bummed to see cheetah sell off his Avengers run. End of an era for sure :sorry:

They are all gone. My entire set from 1-503 went to a single buyer. I've got four boxes of moderns and a few SA/BA books left from undercopies. I can't even estimate how many hours I spent putting that run together but it was time to move on.

Congrats, Cheetah. You were able to assemble (TIC) one of the most awesome Avengers collections ever. It is a good time to maximize the profit. :applause:

I would congratulate you on the sale Jeff but to me it's kinda sad. I know I read you want to move into GA but as a fellow Avengers fanatic it's a bummer to see that collection go to someone else. Half the fun is in the hunt as most of us always say and knowing someone swooped up THAT run in one fell swoop just seems to sort of take all the fun out of it (shrug)

I don't have a run even close to that and haven't spent a tenth of the time you did putting it together so I hope you don't regret it later. I know it would kill me to sell off my Avengers run!

If you're happy with the sale, then definitely CONGRATS :applause: It may be stupid, but I do hope it went to someone that loves those books even half as much as you did.

hawt diggity damn! how much did the registry set go for? hm:golfclap:

I pretty much priced it at GPA with a little included for the time I spent putting it together, especially on the copper age run. There's probably 50 issues that are the only graded copies and came from books I bought off the shelf in Baton Rouge. I'll keep the total private unless the seller discloses it, but I was satisfied.

say cheetah,

totally unrelated question... approximately how much was GPA on your set. :baiting: