• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batman 612 Wizard?

10 posts in this topic

it is the batman 612 PLACED in a Wizard mail away holder confused-smiley-013.gif so IOW, the Wizard logo is on the bag not the book...you just got a regular old Batman 612 smile.gif

foreheadslap.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif hmm... I wonder if I should make some real POS books into "Wizard" variants this way tongue.gif27_laughing.gif ...it'd do wonders for my silver age readers foreheadslap.gif

lol ..too funny..Maybe a naked woman logo would sell hehe blush.gif

Question Darth...since you're the "all-knowing" Modern expert here.... smirk.gif

Is there any difference, in price or availability, of X-Men #320 that was placed in Wizard prior to the Age of Apocalypse storyline. It has the Wizard logo in the price box. I'd suspect that there are more of these floating around than the DM version.....

Jim

Question Darth...since you're the "all-knowing" Modern expert here.... smirk.gif

Please don't repeat that...my wife thinks I have a big enough head as it is...maybe she's not referring to the top head 893scratchchin-thumb.gif but to get back to your great question...and once again I will defer to my more expert X-men/variant collectors

Is there any difference, in price or availability, of X-Men #320 that was placed in Wizard prior to the Age of Apocalypse storyline. It has the Wizard logo in the price box. I'd suspect that there are more of these floating around than the DM version.....

Jim

X-men 320 kicks off the Legion Quest story arc. I currently have 2 copies of each - the regular and the gold ink variant with Wizard logo in the UPC area. I found that they are fairly common where they would be almost interchangeable in a dealer's inventory. For example, I'll check for you at the next Tyson's show in the $1 boxes, but there is an equal chance you'd find either 320 regular or the 320C gold cover in there. Also I looked at my local store and they have a copy of both as well. I always considered the gold covers as reprints llike uncanny 248 and numerous others I forget about now. But they are fun to huntdown. i've come across some eBay lots of modern X-men that have the gold copies in there. Fortunately they are bought for a song and i'm into the variants/reprints enough to enjoy hoarding them when I come across them.

Wizard 151 has them both @ $5 currently. Let me know if you need either one and I'll send it to you. I owe you big for hooking me up with those German Hulk Dell'Otto covers. Just PM me your address. You are the man, Jim!

Wizard 151 has them both @ $5 currently. Let me know if you need either one and I'll send it to you. I owe you big for hooking me up with those German Hulk Dell'Otto covers. Just PM me your address. You are the man, Jim!

Thanks.....and thanks for the offer but I really don't need them. The talk about the Batman Wizard just had me wondering. Thinking about it more, I'd suspect that the DM version would probably be more easily found as those that bought Wizard wouldn't need to buy the other.

I wonder if retailers were pissed about this at the time? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

As a collector, I thought it was a brilliant publicity move by Marvel.....

Jim

it is the batman 612 PLACED in a Wizard mail away holder confused-smiley-013.gif so IOW, the Wizard logo is on the bag not the book...you just got a regular old Batman 612 smile.gif

Thats exactly what it is. foreheadslap.gifforeheadslap.gifforeheadslap.gif I realised just after i'd posted.

I'll leave quietly now.