• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Desert Wind Comics - General Feedback

33 posts in this topic

Chandler and Sharon of Desertwind comics are some of the finest people I have ever met in this industry and I would put them first on my list whenever I need a book to be signed. They put in so much extra effort to make sure that the books are taken care of and get signed beautifully.

SM1C98SS33001.jpg

ASM30098CGCSS.jpg

+1 (thumbs u on what silverweb said.

Longshot,

You are probably looking at 2-3+ months for your books to come back to you from CGC through DWC for NYCC. I would say this is a normal time to expect for any SS sub unless you pay for the express grading. The 2-3 months would be time given to CGC and the "+" would be time between conventions + sorting + packing multiple orders that DWC fills.

As for my personal experiences with Sharon and Chandler, it has been very positive. They have always gone above and beyond to meet my extra needs when it comes to getting Sigs and/or Sketch covers with Sigs and even special arrangements with CGC.

Best of luck and I Hope this helps :)

I can give you a breakdown of my SDCC submission through them -

(standard modern tier)

Two weeks after SDCC, my books were received by CGC.

Six weeks later they were graded.

One week later they were home.

So, right about now your books should be at CGC.

Send DesertWind a NEW PM and also an email asking for the invoice number.

Also, don't worry about book quality.

They take very good care of your books, even with multiple signatures.

6244130353_35f0413ba8.jpg

I have subbed a couple of books with them myself. Currently I am waiting on two from Dragon Con and one from NYCC that they handled for me. No complaints. Everybody else has already said it, it might take a while but that is hardly their fault alone. Just takes patience!

Last week at LBCC was my first time dealing with DWC and they were amazing. I've exchanged emails with Sharon & Chandler before the event and they let me bring in comics for the artists to sign at the event, disregarding the deadline they've set-up. They gave me their Submitting Comics to Be Graded Bootcamp 101 and showed me steps by steps procedure with friendliness and professionalism. They will get you all the artists' signature just as long as they are present in the event, pack them well for you, and send them to CGC to be graded. They will work with your payment options. I think they are two of the friendliest comic people you can meet out there!

I got a USM #160 SS by Stan Lee and it took quite awhile to get it, but, most of the delay was probably on the CGC side of the equation and the delays they had this summer. I e-mailed them for a status update and they responded pretty quickly. I would not hesitate to recommend them.

I met Sharon at the LBCC last weekend and she's great. She answered all my questions, since it was my first time submitting anything to CGC. She really helped explain things to me and assured me I would get my signings (Stan Lee, Romita Sr, and McFarlane) for a few of my books. They broke a couple of slabs for me (which made me nervous), but she did a great job and assured me that everything would be fine. I can't say enough about her. I would definitely go through her again. Best of Luck!

I met Sharon at the LBCC last weekend and she's great. She answered all my questions, since it was my first time submitting anything to CGC. She really helped explain things to me and assured me I would get my signings (Stan Lee, Romita Sr, and McFarlane) for a few of my books. They broke a couple of slabs for me (which made me nervous), but she did a great job and assured me that everything would be fine. I can't say enough about her. I would definitely go through her again. Best of Luck!

Sharon is an awesome lady!

Sharon is DWC...the other guy just helps around

Oooh don't let Chandler hear that! Hahaha.

From what I saw, Sharon does all the paperworks, accepting submissions, setting them for the sigs, and prepping them to ship to CGC. Also answering all questions and on-site grading boot camp. While Chandler does all the PR, bringing all the comics to all the artists for sigs (maybe that's why all the pix in their website is him posing with the legends). But if you think about it, I'd prolly let my wife do all that while I walk around the con and meet the artists =) They also told me that they usually have assistants for bigger cons like SDCC, and usually open for anyone willing to help.

I asked them, "So who got who into comics?" Chandler said, "I did. She hated comics."

Hahaha!

Also keep in mind the sheer volume of books. I am still waiting on books from April granted they are economy, but I do know they have been signed & are sitting at CGC

June 10th economies are shipping now. FYI