• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

free list day brought out the crap

9 posts in this topic

I'd say for the past year. I collect mostly Gold until (if it should happen) bronze high grade prices stabilise. All I see is or a few decent books but all priced well over what anyone has been willing to pay since I've seen them all dozens of times this past year.

Ebay is a dead zone between Christmas and New Years, I feel anyone with nice books to sell (or nice inexpensive runs, heck...even runs with a lot of VG-fine books for those who just want decent reading copies to fill in their collection holes) would want to list them after New Years...free listing or not.

Most people probably did what I did...checked to see if they had a bunch of junk they did not sell the first time around, and decided to relist it yesterday (especially if you only needed to use one picture to indicate what you are selling).

Heck, you already lost the listing fee the first time around, and since yesterday was free...who cares if the item does not sell the second time around, it did not cost you anything to relist anyway. If some of your junk sells because you were able to give it more exposure on ebay for free...well, like me, I suspect most people consider it a bonus.

Not only that, if you have a nice comic (or several) to sell on ebay (CGCed or not), you will probably want to pay to have your pics supersized, etc.. Since only .30 cents of your insertion fees would be credited to you, I can see why one would want to wait until at least the beginning of the new year before potentially eating a buck or more in insertion fees. I understood that yesterday would bring out a ton of re-lists, and...well, as you put it...junk grin.gif

Happy Holidays!

Christopher H

Just some FYI, all insertion fees were credited! grin.gif Only the extras like gallery, supersize, etc were extra. tongue.gif I saved about $25 in listing fees selling fixed priced style. Free exposure and a few BIN's were hit. Can't go wrong wink.gif

I just realized that I had listings with more than one picture (which should have cost me .15 cents each) that I was not charged extra for...thank you for pointing that out. In fact, since I listed/relisted about 20-22 items...I probably saved at least 6-8 dollars.

I also got got a few bids this morning on things I would not have re-listed if yesterday was not a free day...so yup, pure gravy given I did not have to spend any additional monies for the additional exposure time on ebay.

Happy Holidays!

Christopher H.