• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which Countries To Avoid Shipping To (Chargeback Problems)

80 posts in this topic

Without saying something that could offend, it probably would be better to start your research according to PayPal worldwide coverage.

In a few words, a lot of the problem buyers gravitate towards certain types of consumer items. Electronics for instance will have a strong following from countries like Indonesia (which isn't a country covered through PayPal because of the high incidence of credit card fraud) and Italy. In the past, when I have sold electronics, I steered away from these two areas, and the tip-off was primarily that buyers seemed too willing and eager to overpay for goods, shipping, etc.

The best way to go about this is to create a shipping "comfort" zone, where you know everything you need to know about what your shipper can provide in the way of tracking, insurance, etc. If any buyers enter the mix, and it becomes too great a risk as far as not having a traceable service available, or a service level not recognized by PayPal under their seller protection eligibility, perhaps it is these buyers from these areas that you could use as examples for an exclusion list.

Bottom line is that chargebacks can occur from people living in the same state you reside. It isn't synonymous with geography, but rather a criminal element found everywhere.

I was wondering what countries have provided you problems in terms of their citizens performing charge backs on items you sent them.

I'm trying to put together a list of countries who have untrustworthy citizens.

Thanks!

(thumbs u

North Korea.

I was wondering what countries have provided you problems in terms of their citizens performing charge backs on items you sent them.

I'm trying to put together a list of countries to "avoid" when selling products.

Thanks!

All of them.

Hmm..lemme see...

Spain

Italy

Thailand

France

:frustrated:

These countries are the biggest reason why I don't ship overseas anymore ( board members excluded). WAAAY too many people charging back and bichin about postage; I just got fed up and said it, no more

I generally try to keep our American treasures right here in the good old USofA,

just like the Big Guy Upstairs intended.

And who would that be?

Zeus - he needs the money.

Mount Olympus having a dry spell?

So they say.

I generally try to keep our American treasures right here in the good old USofA,

And who would that be?

So they say.

I think I might know where we can get some manna... cheap.

And who would that be?

So they say.

I think I might know where we can get some manna... cheap.

Your private life is your own.