• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1 Detached staple question

2 posts in this topic

Why is it that CGC sometimes grades a book with 1 detached staple with a blue label and other times with a qualified green label?

On the same vein, how can a book have a note on a blue label CGC'd comic that states that there are "x pieces of tape on the inside cover," but is not restored?

I don't own any of these examples, but I do see them on eBay and just don't get it.

Thank you for your opinions.

Cup

scotch tape is considered a defect like writing. and it damages the comic over time. archival tape doesn't do damage and is considered restoration. i would like it if there was a "conservation" category for things like archival tape and staple cleaning that prevents them from rusting away/spreading to the pages. no such luck. i would guess the greens are SO nice that the staple pull is the only flaw.