• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I remember...

65 posts in this topic

... buying Hulk 181 off of a spinner rack new

.... Seeing a guy at a small con (Milwaukee-YWCA 1970's) selling an X-Men 1 and A DD1 for $25 each. I probably had $5 in my pocket and my dad would not loan me the money.

.... Same con different date. Amazed that some guy would have the audacity to ask $10 for an X-Men 94.

---- buying a stack of OO EC's off of an older guy in my neighborhood for $1-2 each

..... buying an ST 109 for $1 off of a friend, and then having to sell it back to him because it belonged to his brother who was on an all expense paid vacation to SE Asia.

i remember seeing the OO collection listed on PCE and the cray cray prices at the time, i even called robert roter up and asked him why so high?

apparently i was high for not buying some sweet, sweet, pac coast books for cheap. doh! 20/20 hindsight :ohnoez:

i remember spinner racks of 12 cent comics and only 2 quarters to spend. i remember the moronic music of the osmond and jackson families. i also remember fixing my 8 track tape of the beatles white album. i remember .45 gas,and big mac meals for 1.79 damn i am old