• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How to Match Celebrities with Comics?

31 posts in this topic

any good choices for Captain Jean-Luc Picard ?.. Any good photo comic covers out there at all for him or ?.. I know there are xmen stuff but I am more of a fan of his startrek stuff

First one doesn't look like a photo cover, but still cool.

32635_20060314225628_large.jpg

84367_20070205213203_large.jpg

94901_20080501200657_large.jpg

any good choices for Captain Jean-Luc Picard ?.. Any good photo comic covers out there at all for him or ?.. I know there are xmen stuff but I am more of a fan of his startrek stuff

:golfclap: The series finale looks pretty cool ... if that is not a photo op & hand drawn or whatever it is pretty well bang on ... Entire cast & enterprise on the cover ... that would would be quite the chalange trying to get that signed by everyone ... hmm I am surprised at those IDW covers they normally do a better job at this sort of thing... #2 is ok but not the best ... would also make an interesting double sig ...

anyone else have any ideas ?.. (shrug) Wonder how hard that series finale would be to find in a 9.8 ...

:golfclap: The series finale looks pretty cool ... if that is not a photo op & hand drawn or whatever it is pretty well bang on ... Entire cast & enterprise on the cover ... that would would be quite the chalange trying to get that signed by everyone ... hmm I am surprised at those IDW covers they normally do a better job at this sort of thing... #2 is ok but not the best ... would also make an interesting double sig ...

anyone else have any ideas ?.. (shrug) Wonder how hard that series finale would be to find in a 9.8 ...

I have a Series Finale in process right now. It has everyone but Frakes and Dorn and is currently a 9.8. When it is done it will be in my top 10 books of all time. :cloud9:

I have a Series Finale in process right now. It has everyone but Frakes and Dorn and is currently a 9.8. When it is done it will be in my top 10 books of all time. :cloud9:

Dorn was already announced for Dragon Con 2012. Frakes might be there as well. He's been there twice out of the last 4-5 years, IIRC.

Dorn was already announced for Dragon Con 2012. Frakes might be there as well. He's been there twice out of the last 4-5 years, IIRC.

:banana:

if there is a photo cover available with the character I use it. If not then creative time. I will go for a magazine before using a regular non photo cover comic.

+1. I am not a huge fan of having a celebrity sign any random book. I would only go with photo covers, or magazines.

First of all, I respect your opinion. This is an example of why I disagree. This book was created to be released in coordination with the release of the movie. It is the adaptation of the movie and to me is the perfect amalgamation of my love of comics and my love of celebrity autographs. Creating the perfect Yellow Label Storm:

IMG00370-20110518-0839.jpg

Awesomeness. I loved that movie.

So Anthony Michael Hall is going to be at a convention where I can get something CGC SS but I can't for the life of me come up with a comic to put him on. Any ideas?

The only thing I can think of is having him sign a Warehouse 13 comic (if you're going the comic route). Otherwise, I'm sure there's any number of magazines out there with one of his movies featured on the cover.