• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Re-sealable CGC Bags - Help?!?!?! posted by hammershipdown

14 posts in this topic

The hunt is on!

I've been trying to find the source for CGC sized re-sealable bags that basically, "fit like a glove" - Is anyone familiar with these bags and know who makes them? and where to get them...?

I've recieved 3 cgc graded books in the past couple of months that came in these bags, but no one seems to know where they come from...? any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

See more journals by hammershipdown

Go on eBay and do a search for CGC mylar bags and you should pull up listings from 2 sellers (CGC-MYLARS and COMICMYLARS). Both have a quality item, but there are a few differences.

CGC-MYLARS bags are cheaper, but they are only 1.6 mil thick. As of this very moment a batch of 50 will set you back about $38 US.

COMICMYLARS bags are 2 mil thick and a little more expensive. As of this very moment a batch of 50 will set you back about $46 US.

Hope this helps!

Cool! Glad to see your hunt for these mylar bags was a short one.

Usually when I hear someone refer to hunting in our hobby they are talking about a multi-year search for that one book, at that one grade, with just the right centering, cover gloss, etc. I myself spent a little over a year looking for a Daredevil #7 Universal 8.0 or better that had great centering, high cover gloss (80-90%), deep rich colors as I really wanted the dark blue to pop, and it needed to be at a price I was willing to pay. After a short period of basking in the great feeling of finding one it was on to the next book I "must" have. It never ends and I wouldn't want it to!

Good luck with your collection!

Go on eBay and do a search for CGC mylar bags and you should pull up listings from 2 sellers (CGC-MYLARS and COMICMYLARS). Both have a quality item, but there are a few differences.

CGC-MYLARS bags are cheaper, but they are only 1.6 mil thick. As of this very moment a batch of 50 will set you back about $38 US.

COMICMYLARS bags are 2 mil thick and a little more expensive. As of this very moment a batch of 50 will set you back about $46 US.

Hope this helps!

I bought some of them, the look terrific on your cgc comics! Worth it.

The hunt is on!

I've been trying to find the source for CGC sized re-sealable bags that basically, "fit like a glove" - Is anyone familiar with these bags and know who makes them? and where to get them...?

I've recieved 3 cgc graded books in the past couple of months that came in these bags, but no one seems to know where they come from...? any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

See more journals by hammershipdown

If the fine folks at Hf dont have them try Charles Abar.Let me know if you need his number.

I haven't decided if I am going to make the 3 hour trip from Dallas to Austin this weekend for Wizard World yet, but if I do I'll stop by to check out your booth and probably pick up some "like a glove" fitting cgc mylars if you have them there. Have fun and hope you have a profitable show!

Also, the weather in Austin should be really nice this weekend. So, if you have the time, I recommend making a short trip 20-30 minutes south-west of Austin to eat at The Salt Lick Bar-B-Que restaurant. Look it up online for reviews and pictures of their steaks and rib plates... awesome stuff! They are consistently rated as one of the top places to eat in the Austin area. I can never take a trip to Austin without stopping at this place.

I'm not familiar with Hot Flips, but after seeing them personally post here, I'll check them out.

However, for what it's worth, I found resealable sleeves for graded comics thru a company called "Bags Unlimited." (www.bagsunlimited.com) and they were $22.50 for 50 or $37.20 for 100.

I've only had a couple of CGC comics in my collection to date, but my submission orders are coming back now, so I'm starting to use the bags, and they've worked out very nicely. (this is also the company where I purchased storage boxes for graded comics as well.)

good luck.

I'm not familiar with Hot Flips, but after seeing them personally post here, I'll check them out.

However, for what it's worth, I found resealable sleeves for graded comics thru a company called "Bags Unlimited." (www.bagsunlimited.com) and they were $22.50 for 50 or $37.20 for 100.

I've only had a couple of CGC comics in my collection to date, but my submission orders are coming back now, so I'm starting to use the bags, and they've worked out very nicely. (this is also the company where I purchased storage boxes for graded comics as well.)

good luck.

The Bags Unlimited bags are a bit thicker than the Hotflips CGC bags and they fit the CGC books a bit more snugly, which I like. But they also cost about three times as much as Hotflips' bags. Even though I like the BU bags a bit more, for me, they're not worth the massive price difference.