• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

question about pence copies

29 posts in this topic

Never let anyone tell you different, they are just inferior reproductions manufactured months, or even years, later.

Never heard that before... tongue.gif years later?! Poor reproduction?! If you stumble upon some articles or serious info. please past here...

And regarding the price variation, i've seen the same issue (pence and cents) in the same grade being sold at the same price, i never felt people were avoiding or prefering one of them, since they are identical...it seems this is just a matter of taste or even "patriotic collecting habit", 27_laughing.gif (not making fun of anyone by saying this).

I happen to own a few copies in both "prices" and they have been well stored/kept and not wither the cents nor either the pens show any kind of inferior/lack of quality upon a longtime storage. confused.gif

If it was possible to "erase" or simply conceal the price info. and test the collectors i think it would be utterly impossible to tell which one is the pences/cents edition...only if you were lucky you'll get the right choice, 27_laughing.gif.

Funny, if you go to mile high they sell the pences copies at a high price than the cents...

You're spot on in your assumptions, Kermit, and you said it more succinctly than I did. Don't worry about GP's little japes.

Didn't know that Mile High sold pence copies for the same ludicrous prices as cents ones.

And if you win £1,400, I've got a spare AF 15 for sale.............

Not my cup of tea. But after lots of recent selling, I am in a buying mood again, so if you have anything new akin to the book I tried to buy from you a few months back (that sc eventually bought), please let me know.