• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Charity Auction for Veterans' Day...Cap Omnibus to the winner :)

71 posts in this topic

:hi: Thanks for the bids and stories my friends...I will post more in a couple of minutes, but Mrs. Snake Eyes supports the thread as well, and wanted to say a few words as well...

I'm so moved by everyone's stories honoring veterans & willingness to bid. My paternal grandpa (a Korean war vet) went to Vietnam so my father didn't have to go. I was so proud to speak at his funeral & miss him so much. My grandmother is an Army vet who came out of retirement to provide nursing services during Desert Storm. My two late uncles & my maternal grandpa- I cannot express my thanks for the collective sacrifice made. *Thank You Veterans!!* Mrs. Snake Eyes

The photoshop artiste makes a dinner time move and takes the lead at $50 :applause:

I will have you know that all the stories made both me and the wife more than a little misty eyed...really great stuff and glad everyone took a few moments to honor those who served today. Thanks so much for all the bids.

That having been said...bid MOAR!!! :baiting:

Auction ends in a little over two hours :)

$51 bid, giving thanks to my grandfather, Regimental Sergeant Major Ivan Greenham, who served with the Royal Canadian Electrical Mechanical Engineers (RCEME) during WW2 and Korea.

RIP grandpa. :foryou:

A $52.00 bid to the memory of my dad, William Wayne Redmon, who served in the Korean War from 1950-1952 and later was a police sergeant in my home town. He was only 49 (I was only 12) when he died in 1969. A couple of years ago, my mom gave me photocopies of some letters he wrote home when he was stationed in Korea. :)

$53 bid dedicated to my good pal Lee who did a tour in Iraq back in 2003 with the Marines and came home to resume a life of comic-goondom with us.

He proudly sports a killer tattoo of his unit/company's crest on his right arm there.

chicagomikeanlee-1.jpg

$53 bid dedicated to my good pal Lee who did a tour in Iraq back in 2003 with the Marines and came home to resume a life of comic-goondom with us.

He proudly sports a killer tattoo of his unit/company's crest on his right arm there.

chicagomikeanlee-1.jpg

^^ ^^ Chicken Dinner....thanks so much King of the Clooney :applause:

PM incoming (thumbs u