• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Charity Auction for Veterans' Day...Cap Omnibus to the winner :)

71 posts in this topic

Here we are on another holiday...the Norris again whispers in my ears and guides my hand. Tonight, he says it is time to give back. Time to do something ever so small for those that have given so much. The Chuck says that we should celebrate those that have served (worship) ...and believe me, when Chuck talks inside your head you better listen...roundhouse kicking some sense into myself is no way to live!!! :eek:

So on the orders of Walker, Texas Ranger, we have an auction. :whee:

All proceeds from this auction (minus shipping and paypal fees if applicable will be donated to the Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW).

And who better than Chuck to help us celebrate this holiday than Captain America??? What you have here is some damn good reading...should keep ya in four color goodness all the way through Thanksgiving.

Thanks for looking, and helping to support those who served :foryou:

Veterans-Day-2010.jpg

So on to the auction rules...to keep things interesting...

1. Bids must be made in $1 increments only (so add $1 to the previous bid for all the Math challenged folks). So the bidding will literally start at a dollar, and go up by $1 with each bid...if you want to raise it $5, you gots to put in five posts...but here is the kicker...

2. Each post MUST include some sort of thanks to a veteran you know (BTW there are plenty on the boards), short story, embedded video, etc...it is absent (or too lame of an attempt...i.e. you really can do better than a picture of a G.I. Joe VAMP Jeep), then the bid will be invalidated by your friendly OP...namely me, myself, and Chuck :sumo:

2a. Hopefully this makes for at least a slightly meaningful thread...who knows, maybe a veteran will read it and it will make their day a little brighter.

3. Auction ends once there has been two minutes with no bids (soft close) after midnight CST...that's it, just today and tonight folks...no Veterans' Day, no thread...poof and go bye sez Chuck :ohnoez:

4. Payment through paypal, check, US Postal money order, or cash (your risk :eek: ) accepted.

5. Omnibus will ship in a $10 priority box, and this amount will be added to the final bid price.

6. :gossip: Buy it now price will just be retail...$100 shipped ($90 to be donated, $10 to reimburse me for shipping)

7. I recognize that this is an American holiday, but international buyers are welcome :) Celebrate your veterans as well and post about them!!! :foryou: Any shipping outside of the United States will be charged at cost and added to your final bid or Buy it Now price ($90 donation + actual shipping).

And the first thanks of this thread goes out to my father who enlisted in the United States Navy and served aboard a missile cruiser in the Vietnam War. Thanks so much for your service and teaching me the importance of the American Dream (worship)

Now, let the madness begin...do I hear $1 for the VFW???

Captain America Omnibus (unopened)

capomni1.jpg

And the first thanks of this thread goes out to my father who enlisted in the United States Navy and served aboard a missile cruiser in the Vietnam War. Thanks so much for your service and teaching me the importance of the American Dream (worship)

capomni1.jpg

I'll start! $1 from me Heath (thumbs u

This is dedicated to a fellow classmate and vet, Brian.

capomni1.jpg

I don't think you guys are doing this right..

Should go like this

This bid is dedicated to my Grandfather.. Who was in WWII

He got his knee blown out, but lived into his 80s.

So to him I bid $1

Awax has the spirit :)

John...thanks so much, but the bids have to include some sort of salute to the Veterans...do come back and bid again though :wishluck: It's been too long since we caught up...I hope all is well :)

Lizards...also appreciate the bid, but they only go in $1 increments for this auction, and as above need to have a shout out, story, etc. included...also hope to see you back with another bid as well.

So for the moment, we have Awax in the lead with $1 (with a big Thanks to the memory of his grandfather)

:gossip: Next bid will be $2 and a celebration/thanks to the Veterans (thumbs u

capomni1.jpg

$2 toward VFW

For my cousin who did three tours to Iraq and came back alive.

like so?

capomni1.jpg

$3 toward VFW

For my other cousin (brother of the one above) who served in Afghanistan and watched his best friend die in front of him. Wish I could do multiple bids on that one.

Proud to be an American!