• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If you were in your early teens in 1960....

70 posts in this topic

....your collection might look like this! I have a small, 80-book, original owner, Silver Age collection presented here for the first time. Heavy on sci-fi DCs, but not exclusively.

I try to grade strictly. I looked at each of these and counted all pages. If you think I blew the grade send me a PM. If you have any problem after you get them, send them back to me for a refund.

Terms: No probation listers. Paypal is OK for orders under $300. Shipping is $7 for solid, insured parcels no matter the size. If you are on a budget, I can use other methods on request. Buyer takes responsibility for loss, damage, or extra postage due for Media Mail.

International: Near-exact shipping charged by shipping method of your choice. No funny business on customs forms - items will be declared at the purchase price. Sorry. I must CMA.

Click on the thumbnails for big scans.

ALL SOLD

ACG: Adventures into the Unknown 114 G $2

th_File0015.jpg

ACG: Adventures into the Unknown 116 VG/F $7

th_File0016.jpg

ACG: Adventures into the Unknown 117 VG+ $5

th_File0017.jpg

ACG: Adventures into the Unknown 118 VG/F $6 (Whitney painted cover)

th_File0018.jpg

ALL SOLD

ACG: Forbidden Worlds 85 VG $5

th_File0009.jpg

ACG: Forbidden Worlds 86 F- $12 (Sullenburger flying saucer cover)

th_File0010.jpg

ACG: Forbidden Worlds 87 VG $4

th_File0011.jpg

ACG: Forbidden Worlds 88 G/VG $3 (Shallow impressions front cover)

th_File0012.jpg

ACG: Forbidden Worlds 91 VG+ $4

th_File0013.jpg

ACG: Forbidden Worlds 93 VG+ $4

th_File0014.jpg

Atlas: Journey into Mystery 39 G+ $30 (1956. Significant tanning can bee seen on the inside of the covers. Cream to off-white pages. Just general weal. Centerfold detached at bottom staple.)

th_File0010.jpgth_File0011.jpg

Atlas: Strange Tales 73 VG- $45 (1960. Significant edge tanning of covers. Cream to off-white pages. I have to conisder that corner on the back cover detached. All the pages had folded under as well, but I straightened them out and they will be find with time. Presents link a Fine, alas.)

th_File0007.jpgth_File0008.jpg

Atlas: Tales to Astonish 7 G/VG $48 (1960. Significant edge tanning of covers. Cream to off-white pages. Lots of small light impressions on the front cover. Despite it looking better, because of the edge tanning and impressions I have given it a lower grade.)

th_File0003.jpgth_File0004.jpg

SOLD SnakeEyes Avon: Strange Worlds 5 Poor/Fair $15 (1951. Complete, but the cover is completely split and tattered at the spine. Still very cool. Interior is pretty solid, some chipping on the top and bottom of the spine. Just a really whacked out book with great art. If you want a back scan, let me know.)

th_File0009.jpg

Charlton: Mysteries of Unexplored Worlds 17 VG/VG+ $8 (1960. Significant tanning can bee seen on the inside edges of the covers. Small chunk out of back cover. Cream to off-write pages. Solid otherwise.)

th_File0001.jpgth_File0002.jpg

:takeit:

Avon: Strange Worlds 5 Poor/Fair $15 (1951. Complete, but the cover is completely split and tattered at the spine. Still very cool. Interior is pretty solid, some chipping on the top and bottom of the spine. Just a really whacked out book with great art. If you want a back scan, let me know.)

th_File0009.jpg

:takeit:

Avon: Strange Worlds 5 Poor/Fair $15 (1951. Complete, but the cover is completely split and tattered at the spine. Still very cool. Interior is pretty solid, some chipping on the top and bottom of the spine. Just a really whacked out book with great art. If you want a back scan, let me know.)

th_File0009.jpg

Don't you sleep? :)

SOLD Charlton: Space Adventures 34 VG+ $30 (1960. Significant tanning can bee seen on the inside edges of the covers. Cream to off-write pages. Solid otherwise. Ditko, second Captain Atom.)

th_File0007.jpgth_File0008.jpg

SOLD Charlton: Space War 3 VG/F $12 (1960. Significant tanning can bee seen on the inside edges of the covers. Cream to off-write pages. Solid otherwise. Would be about Fine if no aging issues.)

th_File0003.jpgth_File0004.jpg