• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

***TAMPA BAY COMIC-CON REPORT NOV.13, 2011 ***

31 posts in this topic

For those of you that know me, I used to do some detailed con reports, dating back to 2009. For some reason, I've strayed away, mainly because they are time consuming and I generally don't have the time to take a whole lot of pictures.

But, this show is local, and I figured why not. Not too many pictures, but the story is worth it.

The front door man and fellow boardie, if you don't pay, you can't go in lol

P1010052.jpg

So, myself, par2ch, and BradleyX2 ventured into the con, just to find out that Cary Nord and Alex Saviuk cancelled. If you don't know who Cary Nord is, he's known for Conan, but he's also done some great sketches in the past. Alex Saviuk... nuff said.

But Bob Camp was there, sketching away, and talking his heart off about the Ren and Stimpy show - He was the director and co-creator.

So I figured I'd go with a Trinity peace -

Powder Toast Man as Thor

Ren as Iron Man

Stimpy as Captain America (Or as he spelled it- Captian)

The sketch will be inked and colored at Mega-Con

P1010056.jpg

Well since Cary Nord didn't show, I was kinda lost for my second sketch. Then I talked to my friend Elliot Fernandez. FYI, Elliot is scheduled to do some great stuff with DC comics, I just can't talk about it. Well...long story short, this is what I came up with, and this is what HE came up with. Looks MUCH better in person!

P1010055.jpg

CLOSE UP:

2011-11-13_130818.jpg

This is Elliot, he was also at NYCC... He did that Black and White Thor sketch with all the lightning in the background for me.

P1010053.jpg

Elliot and I are talking about doing a sketch opp for you guys. He's thrilled to be working with me, and wants to deliver the best for you.

I wish there was more, Paul Pelletier, who was also there, is taking a sketch cover home to be picked up next year at Mega-Con..Thor it is!

But one thing's for sure, someone got some serious Hulk and Captain America sketches, I'm just wondering when he's going to post them :popcorn:

Well this is TRULY FUNNY!! I was just reading the Tampa Tribune On-Line when I spot THIS!

11-14-comic-con.jpg

I'm the guy with the sunglasses on his head, wearing the off-white jacket! lol lol There's an entire article about the con.

Well this is TRULY FUNNY!! I was just reading the Tampa Tribune On-Line when I spot THIS!

11-14-comic-con.jpg

I'm the guy with the sunglasses on his head, wearing the off-white jacket! lol lol There's an entire article about the con.

Dude it looks like your checking out that chick in front of Camps line.

My back is in the picture in the far left talking to Paul Pelletier (wearing the Navy Blue HEROCLIX shirt)

11-14-comic-con.jpg

nice flower hat adonis!

Guys,

Russ is completely new to the world of signature series sketches. He got a sweet Valkyrie *spell check please, from Paul Pelletier..well since a witness was present, he subbed the book.

We talked Russ into joining the boards because we felt that a positive change was needed.

Welcome Russ!!! aka Chemistry

11-14-comic-con.jpg

nice flower hat adonis!

:signfunny:

He has that hat on at ever con Ive seen him at