• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Iron Fist 7: Help with Cream to OW paper question

4 posts in this topic

Original Owner collection of 400+ Bronze books. They were stored in the old Robert Bell comic bags from the 1970s but not taped so the edges (bottom edge almost always) was partially exposed.

So my question is how would you grade a comic like this and should I submit this book?

Many have cream to OW pages with the edge more on the cream side. This book is typical, some worse some better depending on where it was in the stack.

scan0275.jpg

scan0276.jpg

scan0277.jpg

I have always wondered about page quality as it is sad to not be allowed to represent the true quality of such a nice book because overstreet doesn't allow anything less then light-cream pages on Near Mint- books, which would mean by strictest law it would have to be a VF/NM+.... of course if you are selling the item you can let folks know it is NM or NM+ etc but discount the price due to page quality. This lets folks know how sweet the book is but also that you have adjusted the price for the lower page quality.

We just got a 5,000 High-Grade one-owner "Wythville" collection in with long boxes of sweet silver and bronze. Sadly some got slight water damage at the top of the spine etc, so those won't make the grade.. snif snif.

Hope that helps.

Sincerely,

Kermit

Kermitspad.net