• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Need Techy Help

5 posts in this topic

Still trying to scan an image on these boards with no luck. I am using a lap top from work which may be part of the problem? Every time I try and post an imagine I keep getting an error screen typical of when you can't open a website "saying unable to display this screen". At 532KB I don't think file size is a problem? I use Internet Explorer.

Could it be because some of my work applications require that I use the web that must be secure and therefore all of my files, etc run through these "main folders". To give you an example when I scan an item it gets placed in the following directory: c:\documents and settings\"work folder"\mydocuments\scanned item.

Even if I try and place a scanned picture on my desktop I still have the same problem.

Could this be the culprit as my hardware is pretty current? 893frustrated.gif

Still trying to scan an image on these boards with no luck. I am using a lap top from work which may be part of the problem? Every time I try and post an imagine I keep getting an error screen

There's the problem -- you're trying to post an imagine. Post an image and you'll have better luck! 27_laughing.gif

Hardware prob? Probably not.

typical of when you can't open a website "saying unable to display this screen". At 532KB I don't think file size is a problem? I use Internet Explorer.

That is too large to ATTACH. Are you trying to use the built-in mechanism to upload and attach an image to your post? I think the limit is 150K. Shrink it down in Photoshop or something like that.

Could it be because some of my work applications require that I use the web that must be secure and therefore all of my files, etc run through these "main folders". To give you an example when I scan an item it gets placed in the following directory: c:\documents and settings\"work folder"\mydocuments\scanned item.

If you are trying to link to an image, you must upload the image to a web host site. (Unless you are running a web server on your laptop which I can't imagine is the case...)

Even if I try and place a scanned picture on my desktop I still have the same problem.

Place it on your desktop? You mean set it as wallpaper?

What type of image did you create when you scanned it? JPG? That's probably the way to go if it's not the type of image you created.

Scan the image.

Save it as JPG - make sure to resize the image and quality so that the saved image is less than 150K.

Create a post.

Check the "I want to preview my post and/or attach a file" checkbox.

Click Continue

Click the Browse button and navigate your harddrive to find and select the .jpg image

Click the Continue button

Following those steps you should have created a post with an attachment. Good luck!

Still trying to scan an image on these boards with no luck. I am using a lap top from work which may be part of the problem? Every time I try and post an imagine I keep getting an error screen

There's the problem -- you're trying to post an imagine. Post an image and you'll have better luck! 27_laughing.gif

Hardware prob? Probably not.

typical of when you can't open a website "saying unable to display this screen". At 532KB I don't think file size is a problem? I use Internet Explorer.

That is too large to ATTACH. Are you trying to use the built-in mechanism to upload and attach an image to your post? I think the limit is 150K. Shrink it down in Photoshop or something like that.

If you are trying to link to an image, you must upload the image to a web host site. (Unless you are running a web server on your laptop which I can't imagine is the case...)

Place it on your desktop? You mean set it as wallpaper?

What type of image did you create when you scanned it? JPG? That's probably the way to go if it's not the type of image you created.

Scan the image.

Save it as JPG - make sure to resize the image and quality so that the saved image is less than 150K.

Create a post.

Check the "I want to preview my post and/or attach a file" checkbox.

Click Continue

Click the Browse button and navigate your harddrive to find and select the .jpg image

Click the Continue button

Following those steps you should have created a post with an attachment. Good luck!

uhhhh......what he said...... thumbsup2.gif