• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Adios amigos!

264 posts in this topic

When I first joined in 2002, back when I was "poopoomakesmeme" I got kicked out for saying "every one that owns a Ford should be shot," and after the 2006 recall, I was graciously called back... But everyday I would "peek" hoping to get invited back, now that I'm here, I have been seriously thinking about changing my name back....this place is hard to walk away from.. You'll be back

When I first joined in 2002, back when I was "poopoomakesmeme" I got kicked out for saying "every one that owns a Ford should be shot," and after the 2006 recall, I was graciously called back... But everyday I would "peek" hoping to get invited back, now that I'm here, I have been seriously thinking about changing my name back....this place is hard to walk away from.. You'll be back
Congrats, I like it.

My Avengers set is named "The Cheetah Memorial Set" for two things:

1) Before he sold his run, he swapped some books with me (In other words, my set does have some Cheetah in it lol ).

But mostly:

2) in honor of what he accomplished.

To put that run together complete (especially the 300s) was remarkable.

I've been working on my set for almost as long as him and I'm not even close to that.

Basically the only way to do what Jeff did is to hunt down 9.8 copies and sub them yourself. That's a hell of a lot harder than just buying a set.

I hope whoever did buy Jeff's set does register them. Give me something to shoot for again.

Thanks for the kind words, JR. A lot of obsessive time went into it and I think the fun of building outweighed the fun of having it. I've thought about doing the 300+ run again using only self-submitted books this time.