• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Adios amigos!

264 posts in this topic

Well, this it. My very own FDQ exit.

Last night's Comiclink fiasco was bad enough but a few minutes ago i received some CRUSHING news from Joey on a resub. Like an insufficiently_thoughtful_person, i tried to play the resub game on a book everyone and their mother thought would upgrade but instead somehow dropped. Thats what i get for trying to beat the system i guess.

Back in 2000, i got burned on a deal and left the hobby for like 10 years. I just couldnt stand to look a comic and not want to puke. It took a LONG time but passed and i came back with a vengeance last year. This time, it's even more bitterly disappointing! I dont know if it will be weeks, months, years or forever but this is the end of collecting for me for at least a while. I havent decided if i'm going to sell off my entire collection or just stash it away again for years not looking at it. I'll let the dust settle a little before deciding (shrug)

Oh well, thats the way the cookie crumbles. I'm a big boy and will survive with or without comics. I dont know if i'll still post or not. For the time being, probably not. I'm sure a LOT of you will be REAL upset with that lol

Before i go though, i do want to say a few things. As some of you know, i definitely get emotional over the books i love so much. As a result, i say some stupid things and people off that dont deserve it. To ALL of those people, i apologize. In the heat of the moment i say things that would be MUCH better left unsaid and for that i'm sorry. To the LONG list of people that fall under that category, my heartfelt apologies! What can i say other than i'm an insufficiently_thoughtful_person a lot of the time!

Lastly, i do want to thank all the people on here that have helped me the last year or so. I'm sure i'm forgetting LOTS of people but guys like cheetah, fingh, rube, Jive, sassemble and a bunch of others have helped me out MUCH more than i deserved. Wether it was just talking comics in pm or advice on purchases/pricing/selling or anything else, you guys helped me out a lot and i REALLY appreciated all of it. To all you guys and all the others i forgot, thanks for everything you've done for me in my time here.

Hopefully, maybe someday i can come back but for now, consider this my FDQ exit :sorry:

Happy collecting guys,

Jason

You realize it's not a requirement to collect comics to post on here right? :baiting:

There's a lot of folks on here who haven't bought a comic in years.

You are still allowed to sit around and shoot the mess. (thumbs u

Jason, if you feel this bad then just take a break for a bit and don't sell your books yet or you might regret it. At the end of the day they are only comics and not worth getting wound up about, life is too short and there are far worse things in life than a collecting setback. :foryou:

You mean you are going to leave a hobby you love because a resub came back with a lower grade? Now that is just silly! Regardless of what CGC says it is it's still the same book,no? Instead of buying everything in front of you take it a tad slower,I mean you buy books faster than a speeding bullet(pun intended).Well if you really are going to leave I wish you well,but if your going to leave because of something as silly as a resub. (shrug) You played the resub game and lost,so what!

Well take care of yourself,sad to see you go.I really enjoyed talking to you,and enjoyed your posts. ???

[font:Book Antiqua]Take care,

I don’t know you that well, but wish you the best.

When you decide to come back

most of us will be here

and happy to see you again

Enjoy your time off, family and friends...[/font]

:foryou:

Jason, sorry to hear you feel that way.

I have to say I'm a bit confused why a resub and grade drop would cause you be so extreme with your feelings towards a hobby you are incredibly passionate about. How can you go from one end of the spectrum to the other just because of a comic dropping value?

I'm not really getting it. You obviously love collecting and have expressed that your son does as well. Your exit seems overly emotional.

Lastly, you can't leave because people will stop thinking that I am you. We need to both be on here to continue the speculation. :)

I hope you decide to stay but in case you don't...let me know when you want to let go of those sweet Iron Man's. :baiting:

Seriosuly...don't leave man. Deals will go bad, comics will get ripped, prices will drop and some will go up...it's the beauty of this hobby. Don't leave and sell of your books.

How about you set a limit for yourself. Obviously there's a breaking point for you. Don't gamble in that range.

If you can't afford to lose money on big books playing the flip game, then don't buy big books and play the flip game.

Then again, I'm just tossing an idea out there for you. Go wallow in your pissyness if you feel you must.

I've lost count of the amount of times I've missed out on books for the same reason you did, or got my fingers burnt. Missing out on books is something you get over very quickly as there's always another featured auction to drain your bank account around the corner.

But as for getting your fingers burnt, if you can't tolerate the masochism and mood swings that come with the territory, it's definitely wise to move on. Not worth the agony...

I've lost count of the amount of times I've missed out on books for the same reason you did, or got my fingers burnt. Missing out on books is something you get over very quickly as there's always another featured auction to drain your bank account around the corner.

But as for getting your fingers burnt, if you can't tolerate the masochism and mood swings that come with the territory, it's definitely wise to move on. Not worth the agony...

I wish someone would tell me how to quit you... :frustrated:

I wish someone would tell me how to quit you... :frustrated:

You should've thought of that before the wedding vows.