• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ARE YOU ONLY PICKING UP JUSTIC LEAGUE BECAUSE OF JIM LEE'S ART?

49 posts in this topic

I know what you mean. For me it's the pacing, as it look like all the members

will have an "introduction issue" before we begin to focus on the "team dynamics",

and the story seem all too familiar to me. But I plan to hang in there and see.

For Now.

In my 30 years of collecting, I think Jim Lee may be the most overrated artist I have run across. Standard superhero stuff. It's all fine, but totally generic to me.

Contrast this with the new Batwoman, which has a generic story, but J H Williams art is so phenomenal that it makes it a must read IMO.

Yes, to a degree I will have to agree...

JIM LEE

RATED

He is indeed overrated on so many levels other than his work on Batman "HUSH" which benefited by Jeph Loeb's storytelling. Put Tim Sale on that same book and it would have probably been even better executed.

Jim Lee's art is nice the same way Ed Benes is, it's flat out sexy rendering and powerful, but really has no distinct style.

In fact, I think he's sort of like John Byrne... Jim Lee without Scott Williams will be what John Byrne is without Terry Austin

'nuff said

In my 30 years of collecting, I think Jim Lee may be the most overrated artist I have run across. Standard superhero stuff. It's all fine, but totally generic to me.

Contrast this with the new Batwoman, which has a generic story, but J H Williams art is so phenomenal that it makes it a must read IMO.

Indeed. Perhaps not the most overrated, but he's up there.

In fact, I think he's sort of like John Byrne...

Yeah, I'd agree with that. Artists like Byrne, Lee, Perez, Finch, etc etc... they are all very good at what they do, but without a signature style, I could never see buying a comic because they were drawing it.

As to the whole 52 relaunch thing in general, having now seen these reboots about every 4-6 years from DC, I'm not really interested. Meanwhile, Marvel does the opposite- cool events that change the status quo, but in continuity. I think they have a much better long-term vision than DC does.

As to the whole 52 relaunch thing in general, having now seen these reboots about every 4-6 years from DC, I'm not really interested. Meanwhile, Marvel does the opposite- cool events that change the status quo, but in continuity. I think they have a much better long-term vision than DC does.

:roflmao::roflmao:

is there some massive marvel event I am unaware of? hm

is there some massive marvel event I am unaware of? hm

well at the rate they are currently cancelling titles I'm thinking it's a Crossover called "EVERY BOOK FOR ITSELF!"