• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Captain Marvel #34 1974 NM+ 9.6 1st App Nitro Starlin Art (raw -coupon clipped)

20 posts in this topic

You should have cut off that white border too, 27_laughing.gif

Seriously, I'm a big Starlin fan, and it's too bad you clipped the MVS out and now have an Incomplete. 893frustrated.gif

Yeah, the border is a bother (to me as well) but at least it's even. I've had several CGC graded 9.4's with the border. It's not graded as a defect.

I love this cover - JS was the man about this time!

-divadrabnud thumbsup2.gif

so this book would be a "qualified" NM+ 9.6.

Y'know, I think they stopped with that "qualified" stuff, and just went back to the "coupon clipped" designation. I haven't seen a Green Label since they changed the numbering and dropped the alpha grade.

The book's only defect is that very light scratch you see at the top, and the off-center cover (if that bother's you.)

-divadrabnud 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Y'know, I think they stopped with that "qualified" stuff, and just went back to the "coupon clipped" designation. I haven't seen a Green Label since they changed the numbering and dropped the alpha grade.

You haven't been looking very hard.

893frustrated.gif

a7_3.JPG

893frustrated.gif

a7_3.JPG

893whatthe.gif

893frustrated.gif

sumo.gif

I guess not!

No joke, or CGC would be over-run with Qualified Hulk 181 resubs.

Which are still beautiful books! D.King bought my Hulk 181 8.0 White (Q) for $500, and then flipped it (with contingencies) for $600.

-divadrabnud sumo.gif

Which are still beautiful books! D.King bought my Hulk 181 8.0 White (Q) for $500, and then flipped it (with contingencies) for $600.

That's insanity. I remember Scottish (and Supa) trying to get $500-$550 for a Hulk 181 CGC 9.2 Q, and it was a nice looking comic.

Anyone who pays $600 for a 8.0 Q should be locked up. 893whatthe.gif

That's insanity. I remember Scottish (and Supa) trying to get $500-$550 for a Hulk 181 CGC 9.2 Q, and it was a nice looking comic.

Anyone who pays $600 for a 8.0 Q should be locked up. 893whatthe.gif

the book sold for around $575 but i concur.

When I was a boy, I actually cut out all 100 of these Marvel Value Stamps - even one from one of my Hulk 181's!!!

confused.gif

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=35761&item=2242884290

-divadrabnud

Which by the way, I got absolutely squat for, but I did find the stamp book - complete and intact!

-divadrabnud

893frustrated.gif

When I was a boy, I actually cut out all 100 of these Marvel Value Stamps - even one from one of my Hulk 181's!!!

confused.gif

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=35761&item=2242884290

-divadrabnud

Which by the way, I got absolutely squat for, but I did find the stamp book - complete and intact!

-divadrabnud

893frustrated.gif

Small consolation, but the last MVS book (w/all stamps) I watched on Ebay went for about $200.

No offense, but I simply don't consider a book with a large piece missing to be 9.6... not even a qualified 9.6. Because it's on the interior, not the cover, the book retains much of its eye appeal, but it is no better than a VG IMHO...

No offense, but I simply don't consider a book with a large piece missing to be 9.6... not even a qualified 9.6. Because it's on the interior, not the cover, the book retains much of its eye appeal, but it is no better than a VG IMHO...

But this is a CGC message board so what the rest of the world thinks doesn't count. insane.gif

No offense taken - cool.gif you either like it for what it is . . .or you don't.

cheers,

-divadrabnud