• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please help grade my Comic Cavalcade #3

21 posts in this topic

Interesting... I just looked up this book in the CGC census. Only 4 issues have been graded, 3 of them restored. The only non-restored copy is a Good + 2.5. The 3 restored copies are Apparent 7.0, 6.5, and 2.5. That means, as is, this would be the "best known non-restored" copy, but if it were to get the purple label, it'd be only the 3rd best restored copy (most likely...)

I would contact Steve Borock at CGC and pose the question to him. In my opinion the book would come back Blue label Unrestored. As an example if a color touch was done on a book it would get a restored label. If the color touch is reversed then the book get's a blue label. The tape isn't considered restoration, it's just considered a defect, hence the reason it can't grade better than in the VG range.