• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Thor 203

6 posts in this topic

Assuming this was a much earlier book like a 93 instead of 203, would anybody in this day and age consider color touch to cure the bad color/transfer loss, and enjoy a better looking restored book? How much do you think the technical grade would improve? Unfortunately I have far too many of my OO books with these kinds of problems. Thanks for all thoughts. :)

original.jpg

original.jpg

Instead of having a nice looking restored Thor #203, just go find a unrestored copy. Its not a super hard book to find in high grade. Just hunker down and wait till a high grade copy comes around.

Please excuse my failure to communicate. The book is currently for sale as is with my estimated grade of 4.0/4.5 . It just struck me when I was grading it, if this was a much earlier/valuable book, say a JIM 83, would I rather have a Blue 4.0/4.5 or PLOD 7.5/8.0.

Is color touch so passe that it would be crazy to even consider it? What would be the grade difference for a copy like this? Is there anyone that does this professionally anymore that is not a scam seller? Would anyone around here even consider such a thing?

I think you could find a restoration pro that could totally do a great job but I believe the really good ones are around $85.00+ an hour for their work. I feel like in the current market you would sell them faster with-out the restoration. I read an article last week on restoration and how the current market looks down on it. This particular article said restored comics are selling for about 50% of the condition they are restored to.

Hope I didn't just state the obvious and you were looking for more in-depth...