• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Problems Uploading Scans

22 posts in this topic

Greetings!

I just went and had all my books scanned over the weekend. I've been trying to upload them to the registry. Out of 32, I have only been able to get 2 to stick.

Am I doing something wrong? or is there maybe something going on server-side.

Thanks for your time^^

Sorry, I should have mentioned that in my OP. Yes, I made very sure to keep my file sizes as close to 200k (but not over) as possible. When I hit the "Save changes" button, I'd get a message saying updates were made. But they never seemed to stick.

Thanks^^

• Administrator

What sets are you trying to add images to? Sometimes it won't update on the Comic Details page, but will show in the set after saving. I can look into this for you. (also, we have been having some site outages lately which may have interrupted your saving process)

Did you check the size of your the images you're trying to upload? The registry has a 200kb file size limit, and if an image is larger than that, it won't get added to the book ...
They upped it to 200kb, that's awesome!
I reaaaally wish i didnt know that. because..well, im sure you know what i have to do now.

Did you check the size of your the images you're trying to upload? The registry has a 200kb file size limit, and if an image is larger than that, it won't get added to the book ...
I reaaaally wish i didnt know that. because..well, im sure you know what i have to do now.
Start scanning :baiting:

:censored:

This is a double edged sword. I'll need to resize all my pictures, but it's great that we can have larger pictures now. :)

At least I have all the scans already. That'll save a TON of time. Better get started.

Silly... They upped it to 200KB back in 07 or 08 when they did the last major upgrade.

Silly... They upped it to 200KB back in 07 or 08 when they did the last major upgrade.

Naw, I didn't even have pix back then at all

My problem ended up being with GiMP. At least I think. I would resize & compress the files to what it told me was under the 200kb mark. But after Gemma and I looked at the files again, many of them were in fact well over 200kb. I went back and resized and compressed the images again and everything worked fine.

200kb is still an amazing amount of space, the pictures I've been able to upload look great.

I'd suggest double checking your file sizes one last time, especially if you are playing really close to the 200kb mark.