• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Traveling in the Rain

2 posts in this topic

Will the cut and paste work this time?

When I was younger this was the worse type of day to get comic books. I walked at the time and it wasn't a short walk either. I made sure my books were double bagged and then I would be on my way. The whole time my books would be on the inside of my jacket. Today the weather was nice enough heading into Center City, but the forecast looked bleak. I brought two bags with me. Fortunately I had a few CGC books at my Parent's place waiting for me. They provided a stiff backbone for them since I forgot to pick up bags and boards, today of all days.

As I left the comic book shop the sky still held fast. It took a good thirty minutes and halfway through the journey to get to the main terminal when the skies opened up. It wasn't a downpour but it was a steady rain. I waited for the bus skipping the first one that everyone was running too and waited for the next one which I knew to be larger. I was at my destination stop in no time, but the rain didn't stop. I opted to use the umbrella I brought and made the two block walk home. I was dry enough and my comics were safe even though I fear the little bit of moisture that might have made them "feel" damaged.

I normally would read them right now but my sleep is going to be short the next few days. Thanksgiving of course is tomorrow and I get to work for a good many hours of it, but first I get to hang out with my best friend, something we haven't done in a while, unless of course if you include his making of "Cocktails for Zombies". I know that isn't up on YouTube yet, but I am sure it will be soon. Maybe I should suggest a "Collecting comics for Zombies". Anyway, I am still doing the thirty for thirty and the hardest two days to continue this will be the next two. If I do miss tomorrow's journal I want to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving.

Thanks for Reading

Tnerb

See more journals by Tnerb

New Comic Book Day in the rain is a right of passage!

I park in a way that my car door is facing the store for "optimal" entry. I love to fold the plastic bag (my store uses plastic) so that it's a water seal, and then I imagine I'm Indiana Jones running from the natives after stealing the gold idol at the beginning of Raiders of the Lost Ark.

If I didn't have fun while doing it, I'd be pretty miserable.