• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The "If you don't like it, then don't look" GI Joe SS thread!

85 posts in this topic

I set myself a lofty goal this year to get all 160 issues (1-155 and the 4 Yearbooks) of the original Marvel GI Joe: A Real American Hero series signed by various artist and writers of the series.... I'm sure it's going to take YEARS!

The goal started as the first 30 issues, then the first 50 and some keys, but you know how that goes; before you know it it's all or nothing!

As I crawl ever closer to the halfway point in my quest (63 issues of the series and counting - with a LOT of help from the Boardies here!!!!), I've decided to create a thread to show off the progress, as well as some other GI Joe series with signatures (and the occasional sketch cover).

Feel free to show off your GI Joe SS, CGC or not!!!

With that here's my issue 1: signed by Hama - Trimpe - McLeod

EPSON016-3.jpg

Issue 2: signed by Hama

sm2.jpg

Issue 3: signed by Hama

sm3.jpg

Issue 4: signed by Hama

sm4.jpg

I'm holding issue 5 for a Don Perlin SS opp!!!

Just to break it up some modern GI Joe books:

Issue #20 of the Image/Devil's Due series - signed by Beatty & signed and sketched by Zeck

CEJ-SngEWkKGrHqEOKiUE0jQGnNDjBNRB9U6H_3.jpg

Issue #21 of the Image/Devil's Due series - signed by Beatty & signed and sketched by Zeck

CEJ8obwCWkKGrHqUOKjsE0ZekV7WMBNRB4K27SQ_3.jpg

GOT THESE 2 OFF A BOARDIE!!!!

Issue #33 of the Image/Devil's Due series - signed by Turner (green label but loved all the same!)

Turner33.jpg

Nice!! :applause:

Which issue was the hardest to get in your collection?

Oh a few of the higher numbers 106, 125, 134... were hard to get but I think the majority of that is just caused by the lack of anyone thinking they have any worth to get graded! Not many of us hard core Joe collector's out there!

Oh a few of the higher numbers 106, 125, 134... were hard to get but I think the majority of that is just caused by the lack of anyone thinking they have any worth to get graded! Not many of us hard core Joe collector's out there!

I know what you mean.

I'm having a hard time finding HG copies of higher number Wolverine books :ohnoez:

It's nice to see a collector's hard work & dedication :applause:

I know what you mean.

I'm having a hard time finding HG copies of higher number Wolverine books :ohnoez:

Thanks! It's a lot of fun to track them all down and now to get them all signed!

I know what you mean.

Thanks! It's a lot of fun to track them all down and now to get them all signed!

(thumbs u

Wow great thread!!

I grew up with the Joe's and some of my first comics were GI Joe. Still got some of them but they are in "well read" condition lol

Man do I wish I still had my original copies; regardless of condition those would be priceless!