• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Closed (Off to eBay)

22 posts in this topic

Hey all. Got an unexpected upgrade today on my B&B #28 from a boardie. Going to throw these up here quickly and see if there is any interest before heading to the bay at 6:00 PM PST.

Usual board rules apply. First :takeit: wins. No probies or HOS members. Lowball offers welcome via PM. Scans coming shortly.

Prices include US shipping. Will PM international customers with final price that includes shipping charges.

Not to be a tool, but you had these books here for 99 minutes on the biggest travel day of the year. I'll bet you 2/3 of the people who might want to buy them never saw this - I certainly didn't.

Afraid I have to go with the flip side of the coin..he announced it was a brief sale up front in the first post. I appreciate the OP at least giving the boards a shot at them prior to moving them on to other pastures. I know I was pondering that B&B 28 for the several hours it was listed.

Not to be a tool, but you had these books here for 99 minutes on the biggest travel day of the year. I'll bet you 2/3 of the people who might want to buy them never saw this - I certainly didn't.

I have to side with Snake on this one as well...the OP has a good reason that he's looking for a quick sale and offered up some nice books at good prices but just got no bites...

Can't fault him for running his FS thread the way he wants to run it....and if you're interested in one of the books, I'm sure he'd be up for an offer.

Afraid I have to go with the flip side of the coin..he announced it was a brief sale up front in the first post. I appreciate the OP at least giving the boards a shot at them prior to moving them on to other pastures. I know I was pondering that B&B 28 for the several hours it was listed.

Me too. I've had a couple of these 'quick-fire' threads myself. In my case, if I didn't get the money in a couple of hours, waiting a week made no difference. It would be one thing if the OP complained about no sale, but that didn't happen here.

I have to side with Snake on this one as well...the OP has a good reason that he's looking for a quick sale and offered up some nice books at good prices but just got no bites...

Can't fault him for running his FS thread the way he wants to run it....and if you're interested in one of the books, I'm sure he'd be up for an offer.

I think today was not the day to do this, that's all I'm saying. Today is the biggest travel day of the year, and that was right in prime time for travel. They're nice books, I'll look for them on eBay.

(thumbs u I definitely am still open to offers.

I think today was not the day to do this, that's all I'm saying. Today is the biggest travel day of the year, and that was right in prime time for travel. They're nice books, I'll look for them on eBay.

Was today the best day for bids on his books (Probably not). Is November, with the holiday's less than a month away to offer books (especially with all the other auctions going on)? Probably not but that's not the issue.

The seller clearly said he would move the books at 6:00 and gave anyone watching the boards a chance to PM him or buy a book. He was perfectly upfront and wasn't dissing the boards.

That's a good call and makes perfect sense. Here was my thinking. Wanted to get them on eBay this evening so "Cyber Monday" shoppers could see them. Since many of them were purchased on the board wanted to give at least a crack to the folks here (even if it was only about 5 hours). I apologize if there are folks that see this and feel like they didn't get a shot.

That's a good call and makes perfect sense. Here was my thinking. Wanted to get them on eBay this evening so "Cyber Monday" shoppers could see them. Since many of them were purchased on the board wanted to give at least a crack to the folks here (even if it was only about 5 hours). I apologize if there are folks that see this and feel like they didn't get a shot.

No worries. I'll look for them on eBay. The Sgt. Fury 7 is especially tasty. (thumbs u

Just sold the Hulk to a boardie! Also realized that my biggest mistake was having this sale during an insanely awesome Foolkiller thread. It is bonkers over there. Anyone who isn't traveling today is clicking refresh every 5 seconds. Pretty amazing. Goodnight all.