• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tales of Suspense # 31 Highest Graded Pre Hero

24 posts in this topic

Wow, looks like a Dr. Doom prototype. Freekin schweet (peter griffin voice)

Tales of Suspense #31 and Fantastic Four #5 were both released to the newsstands on April 10, 1962. :grin:

And Kirby did both covers. hm

CONGRATULATIONS on the sale of the TOS.

Since the book is sold and this won't derail the thread, here is a copy of the PM rodan57 sent me, explaining JOB-NUMBERS.

Thanks Dennis.

I thought I'd send this PM as not to derail the selling thread more than I might have. :eek:

Job-numbers were the company's way of tracking stories. The title pages would have a letter/number code at the bottom. The chronology, among other things, could be dated by the letter and value of the number.

I am no expert on the letter codes but Atlas Comics historians have done a lot of research on job-numbers to track and date artists' work especially before and after the 1957 Atlas implosion.

I've attached a scan of ST 124's title page to illustrate. The job number is X-758.

Cheers,

Dennis

ST124DS.jpg