• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

X-MEN #283 HIGH PRICE?

14 posts in this topic

X-Men 283

Thats pretty high this early on is'nt it? (And by the way, didnt the high bidder post on here regularly in the old days???)

Who knows? confused-smiley-013.gif It seems Modern 9.6 and 9.8s are even more of a crapshoot than normal lately.

I'm not sure if the seller is the same guy that posts here though....

Jim

X-Men 283

Thats pretty high this early on is'nt it? (And by the way, didnt the high bidder post on here regularly in the old days???)

Crazy...I picked up a bunch of 9.8 quality raw copies of that book for like 50 cents each at the San Diego Con in '01 or '02! Some dealer was blowing out what looked to be fresh out of the case copies.

Crazy...I picked up a bunch of 9.8 quality raw copies of that book for like 50 cents each at the San Diego Con in '01 or '02! Some dealer was blowing out what looked to be fresh out of the case copies.

Yeah, that book (along with ASM 300) was one of the only comics I bought multiple copies of during the late-80's and 90's, and I've hesitated sending any into CGC, due to the low EBay prices, even on 9.8's. confused-smiley-013.gif

Yeah, that book (along with ASM 300) was one of the only comics I bought multiple copies of during the late-80's and 90's,

You mean you missed the boat on Spawn #1? 27_laughing.gifstooges.gif

X-Men 283

Given the print runs on Uncanny X-Men at that time, I have to believe that there are probably 5 NM/MT copies for every person in the world who might want one these days. confused.gif

Yeah, that book (along with ASM 300) was one of the only comics I bought multiple copies of during the late-80's and 90's,

You mean you missed the boat on Spawn #1? 27_laughing.gifstooges.gif

Yep, I didn't even buy a single copy. The only Image book I purchased was Wildcats 1, just to see the Lee art.

X-Men 283

Given the print runs on Uncanny X-Men at that time, I have to believe that there are probably 5 NM/MT copies for every person in the world who might want one these days. confused.gif

27_laughing.gif Very true.

X-Men 283

Thanks for the plug

hi.gifhi.gif

Pricing has definitely been going up for many key issues in the mid #200ish range. Just check out some of my other recent auctions. Meanwhile I am currently going through slab withdrawl. For awhile I was in a frenzy. Getting back that box from CGC of my recent submissions, now slabbed, was like X-mas time every time -- what a feeling, the anticipation, excitement of (how many 9.8's could be in there?? etc.) Almost, but not quite the same kind of feeling when I ran across a box of Dinobots in K-Mart as they were closing and pushing their shipment to the store aisles, like 12 years ago 893applaud-thumb.gif

I am a pretty decent "picker" as most of my moderns and some bronze usually came back in the 9.6 range. People often ask me how I "do it" -- two words obsessive compulsive. You have to bust out the "handling" gloves, magnifying glass, etc. Of course there are always some surprises. But at this point, I am playing musical chairs and looking to unload most of my 9.8 WP runs. I will either start a new run for X-Men with 9.4 WP grades or simply look to go raw all together. Of course I am always buying and selling for others, so my ebay "activity" does not necessarily paint a clear picture for myself at any given point in time.