• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

time to give back

114 posts in this topic

Par2ch - for coming up with the idea for the SS Trade Weekends

That's odd, I kind of remember conversations with JJ years ago about this type of stuff and seem to recall he has posted before about having these. Par2ch is a great guy, but let's give credit where it's due LS.

Piersonite (thumbs u

I didn't realize we could vote for Joe, as an employee...he's the top choice by far.

He's done more for this program and more for me personally than I can even start to list here. He takes care of everything with a calm and cool demeanor. He never gets annoyed, even at my 5th phone call of any given day, and he always does the right thing and takes care of business.

If we are allowed to vote for CGC employees then Joe deserves the nod with no question.

Piersonite (thumbs u

I didn't realize we could vote for Joe, as an employee...he's the top choice by far.

He's done more for this program and more for me personally than I can even start to list here. He takes care of everything with a calm and cool demeanor. He never gets annoyed, even at my 5th phone call of any given day, and he always does the right thing and takes care of business.

If we are allowed to vote for CGC employees then Joe deserves the nod with no question.

Joe Pierson is a stone cold pimp.

Man, there is WAY too much love in this room!

I have to check my man-love/man-card at the door ;)

You know, I have to say that after I've spent so much time with so many of you guys both on the boards and at the show, it's VERY hard for me to throw my two cents in the ring because it would come out to a buck-fifty. :thumbsup:

I honestly wouldn't know where to begin.

BK is probably one of the biggest guys (damn I mean biggest HEARTED guys) :thumbsup: that I know.

Santa is giving you an xtra reach-around in the comic pile this year, bud.

Seriously though, for as long as I've know Kondravy, he's always been neck & neck with s/s gold card carriers JJ and seanfingh. All three of these guys love s/s more then anyone I know, with the possible exception of Harley Troy, who just straight up bleeds yellow.

Kondravy is just a 100% good hearted guy, and because of him I've come to foster relationships with other hooligans such as Sean Harmon, Chris Caria and Danny Hernandez. Who, being MIA, I'd like to organize a search party soon as Adonis finds that missing donut in Florida ;)

My subs for this party would be--

CGC folk---

Joe Pierson and Gemma, just because they bust azz so flipping much at every show, are always so good to us guys and also, because they don't really get to enjoy to rewards of s/s because of employement at CGC.

Boards---

I toss in Kris Moore, who really was responsible for many of my great sigs this year, took care of me with a Mike Judge and asked for nothing in return, and really, I got my great Kaluta's because I wouldn't have known otherwise.

Kaluta is one of my favs.

AND...Cosimo.

I just love this guy.

He helped me get so many books done on my first one-day show as a facilitator on Feb. 27 2010 in NYC and without him and Mike Jeeter it would have been an epic FAIL.

Which of course brings me to JEETER.

See? I can't do just two. Jeeter is always so friendly, so happy to do the work, runs his AZZ off at shows, and is more then willing to do what it takes to get the job done.

I could easily throw out so many other names, because there are SO many people who have helped me out. Par2ch, Adonis, Dre, Sean, I mean seriously there's too many. But I put my top two hardest CGC folks on the front line (and that wasn't easy too because they ALL work VERY hard, I've seen them all in action from Litch to Caffery, Ryan, Josh, Bree, Nicole....) but if I have to narrow it out, these are my top choices and even that doesn't come easy.

And I want to thank you guys that clearly think so highly of me---I didn't know I had so many fans. You all get s/s Henn Zoomie books free with your next purchase. :thumbsup:

reading these posts, its definitely a lot of great people and great boardies that do a lot of work but i think there a couple of people being left out that really do so much

1) FRED HAUSEN aka alphatrion1, this guy does SO much at cons and behind the scenes and i could say that this has been my greatest collecting year and its hugely because of fred, the guy is dynamite and he doesnt get mentioned much but he's a low key assassin, definitely my best friend in this industry

2) NYcomics - the opps he's set up have helped hundreds of people get artists and creators that they idolize and he's definitely helped me personally more than i can say, he's a great collaborator, a great facilitator and a great friend!

3) SecretSon - like Fred, Chris does a lot of stuff behind the scenes and he's done so much for me this year! i think its definitely been a year where we've gotten closer and have helped ecahother a lot more really great and deserving guy

4) Mike Jeter - i mean most people have said it already, the guy is a wunderkin, his opps sell out in hours and he's one of the most courteous guys ive ever met, so polite and respectful that it makes me want to be a better person, very deserving also

thanks for the love Rich, ditto!

Dude, if I publicly throw your name out there, then everyone will know about the secret love affair we have.

Which reminds me, your cooking tonight.

I'll get the wine on my way home from work.

oops.

Man, there is WAY too much love in this room!

I have to check my man-love/man-card at the door ;)

You know, I have to say that after I've spent so much time with so many of you guys both on the boards and at the show, it's VERY hard for me to throw my two cents in the ring because it would come out to a buck-fifty. :thumbsup:

I honestly wouldn't know where to begin.

BK is probably one of the biggest guys (damn I mean biggest HEARTED guys) :thumbsup: that I know.

Santa is giving you an xtra reach-around in the comic pile this year, bud.

Seriously though, for as long as I've know Kondravy, he's always been neck & neck with s/s gold card carriers JJ and seanfingh. All three of these guys love s/s more then anyone I know, with the possible exception of Harley Troy, who just straight up bleeds yellow.

Kondravy is just a 100% good hearted guy, and because of him I've come to foster relationships with other hooligans such as Sean Harmon, Chris Caria and Danny Hernandez. Who, being MIA, I'd like to organize a search party soon as Adonis finds that missing donut in Florida ;)

My subs for this party would be--

CGC folk---

Joe Pierson and Gemma, just because they bust azz so flipping much at every show, are always so good to us guys and also, because they don't really get to enjoy to rewards of s/s because of employement at CGC.

Boards---

I toss in Kris Moore, who really was responsible for many of my great sigs this year, took care of me with a Mike Judge and asked for nothing in return, and really, I got my great Kaluta's because I wouldn't have known otherwise.

Kaluta is one of my favs.

AND...Cosimo.

I just love this guy.

He helped me get so many books done on my first one-day show as a facilitator on Feb. 27 2010 in NYC and without him and Mike Jeeter it would have been an epic FAIL.

Which of course brings me to JEETER.

See? I can't do just two. Jeeter is always so friendly, so happy to do the work, runs his AZZ off at shows, and is more then willing to do what it takes to get the job done.

I could easily throw out so many other names, because there are SO many people who have helped me out. Par2ch, Adonis, Dre, Sean, I mean seriously there's too many. But I put my top two hardest CGC folks on the front line (and that wasn't easy too because they ALL work VERY hard, I've seen them all in action from Litch to Caffery, Ryan, Josh, Bree, Nicole....) but if I have to narrow it out, these are my top choices and even that doesn't come easy.

And I want to thank you guys that clearly think so highly of me---I didn't know I had so many fans. You all get s/s Henn Zoomie books free with your next purchase. :thumbsup:

RICH,

Let me start by saying "where's the love?" I mean I bust my hump for you as a CAW numerous times, and have personally kept Bree, and Joe from choking the :censored:living life out of you. And I don’t even get a “Call out”.

You bleep bleep :censored:bleep bleeping :censored:bleep who bleeps :censored:bleep bleeping bleeps while bleeping bleep bleep… you bleep bleep bleepin :censored:bleep bag

You bleep bleep :censored:bleep bleeping :censored:bleep who bleeps :censored:bleep bleeping bleeps while bleeping bleep bleep you bleep bleep bleepin :censored:bleep bag

[/color]

Steve, didn't I take care of you last night???

I left you cab fare on the dresser, didn't I????

You bleep bleep :censored:bleep bleeping :censored:bleep who bleeps :censored:bleep bleeping bleeps while bleeping bleep bleep you bleep bleep bleepin :censored:bleep bag

[/color]

Steve, didn't I take care of you last night???

I left you cab fare on the dresser, didn't I????

BLEEPER!

I have stayed away from the boards because of the drama and negativity that has been haunting these boards but I would have to say there are two people in mind that remind me that people are good.

JJ always puts positivty onto these boards. Every post he writes is something that contributes to the program and community. I am always impressed by his wisdom and energy.

Rich Henn is hard working and always putting others in front of him in a gun fight. just kidding, Rich really does put his customers, friends and other before himself when it comes to getting books done. He has offered a number of opportunites on the board for some classic funny book creators. I have always been leary when I send out books to "get done" but learned to take confort when books are in Rich's posssesion. NO DOUBT!

BK you rock!

ok can we stop sucking each others d*cks already?

I have been gone for a long time so I do not have a lot of experience dealing with most of the newer people here. However since coming back I have a few that have helped me get back up to speed.

1. JJ - I bug the hell out of him (sometimes on purpose) and yet he goes out of his way to help me. Few months ago for example he went through some OA from Phil Hester for me since I was not at a show with Phil and JJ picked out some nice pages for me. I did not even see the pages but I knew that if they were up to JJ's standards then I would be happy with the result.

2. Kris Moore - Kris can be a bit quirky at times but he was the first person I went to for submitting books when I came back to the hobby. Kris was the one that trained me when I became a witness years ago. Plus he is the only one here that I have shared a hotel room with. :blush:

There are also some other sthat I have asked questions of or had conversations with since coming back. Rich and Anthony has always been fast to answer any questions that I have had.