• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Posting here

415 posts in this topic

As someone who sells comics I would like to go on record as saying that in a situation like this I would have eaten the $1.50 cost of shipping to make the customer happy.

I would be interested to hear what any other sellers on here would do in this situation.

Thanks.

P.S. and you're not allowed to qualify it by saying, "Well if it was RMA..."

No need to get cute.

Just a typical sales transaction.

I would eat the 1.50 and then go ask my employees why we said we didn't have it when we did. And then fix THAT. To me the crazy thing is that MCS doesn't seem to care to explain wtf happened.

If it was just laziness then fall on your sword and apologize.

As someone who sells comics I would like to go on record as saying that in a situation like this I would have eaten the $1.50 cost of shipping to make the customer happy.

I would be interested to hear what any other sellers on here would do in this situation.

Thanks.

No need to get cute.

I would gladly pay that shipping amount. In fact, I'd offer to pay shipping on every order if that's what shipping cost. :)

Hypothetical - if a buyer intimated that the situation would hit the boards, would sellers just give in to their request?

Thanks.

No need to get cute.

I would eat the 1.50 and then go ask my employees why we said we didn't have it when we did. And then fix THAT. To me the crazy thing is that MCS doesn't seem to care to explain wtf happened.

I don't know all the details of this order, but it sounded like an honest mistake. Even CGC has screwed-up on variations/printings and/or notations either on the label, or inaccurately placed the wrong book in the well and holder according to what is described on the label. Someone even posted that CGC would correct the error in good faith, but would not cover the shipping charges on a mislabeled book. I have experienced the same on mislabels, books that had no business passing QA, and on books shipped back that arrived with cracked holders.

I understand what you're trying to suggest, and I think its well-intentioned, but to go back and read your employees the riot act because of an honest mistake means the easing-in of a sterile workplace culture where every minimal employee mistake is scrutinized and blown out of proportion.

Frankly, I would handle the situation as an honest mistake, and try to ensure it doesn't happen again, but I also wouldn't make it such a big event because some cry-baby buyer decided to turn it into a monumental issue online.

The social Web can be a self-corrective and regulated environment to turn to with complaints, and many times, you see people demonstrate an inflated self-entitlement that backfires when the crowds have decided they are unrealistic, high-maintenance buyers, who should not only be ignored, but blocked to avoid any future problems with other members of that community.

Such situations even reel-in sympathizers of the targeted business, and the company receives a great deal of spin-off business from the controversy.

However, to rank and single-out MCS as being out in left field in a situation where other dealers have demonstrated the same flaws, and where companies like CGC have, historically demonstrated a similarly stern stance on covering shipping charges on problems or mistakes, is really unfair. 2c

Thanks.

No need to get cute.

I don't know all the details of this order, but it sounded like an honest mistake. Even CGC has screwed-up on variations/printings and/or notations either on the label, or inaccurately placed the wrong book in the well and holder according to what is described on the label. Someone even posted that CGC would correct the error in good faith, but would not cover the shipping charges on a mislabeled book. I have experienced the same on mislabels, books that had no business passing QA, and on books shipped back that arrived with cracked holders.

I understand what you're trying to suggest, and I think its well-intentioned, but to go back and read your employees the riot act because of an honest mistake means the easing-in of a sterile workplace culture where every minimal employee mistake is scrutinized and blown out of proportion.

Frankly, I would handle the situation as an honest mistake, and try to ensure it doesn't happen again, but I also wouldn't make it such a big event because some cry-baby buyer decided to turn it into a monumental issue online.

The social Web can be a self-corrective and regulated environment to turn to with complaints, and many times, you see people demonstrate an inflated self-entitlement that backfires when the crowds have decided they are unrealistic, high-maintenance buyers, who should not only be ignored, but blocked to avoid any future problems with other members of that community.

Such situations even reel-in sympathizers of the targeted business, and the company receives a great deal of spin-off business from the controversy.

However, to rank MCS as being out in left field in a situation where other dealers have demonstrated the same flaws, and where companies like CGC have, historically demonstrated a similarly stern stance on covering shipping charges on problems or mistakes, is really unfair. 2c

Very well put. I'm sure you arrived at this conclusion because of a personal bias against RMA but still, very well put.

That said, everyone is talking about the business that MCS is going to lose because of this thread. Considering how small this board & thread really are there might be 7 or 8 people who make a fuss, until they see a great deal, a hard to find variant or just a cheap filler & decide to grab it.

The other side, as Comicwiz points out, is how much business has RMA cost himself with this pettiness? Who simply will refuse to order from a guy that can blow up such a small incident into such a mountain. How many have quietly placed him on ignore & will refuse to sell to him, filing it away under "not worth the potential hassle"? Considering this is RMA's stomping grounds, the effect could be much greater on him than MCS.

Really, I'm betting that RMA finds a deal he wants at MCS much sooner than MCS wants to sell him another book.

Thanks.

No need to get cute.

However, to rank MCS as being out in left field in a situation where other dealers have demonstrated the same flaws, and where companies like CGC have, historically demonstrated a similarly stern stance on covering shipping charges on problems or mistakes, is really unfair. 2c

Very well put. I'm sure you arrived at this conclusion because of a personal bias against RMA but still, very well put.

That said, everyone is talking about the business that MCS is going to lose because of this thread. Considering how small this board & thread really are there might be 7 or 8 people who make a fuss, until they see a great deal, a hard to find variant or just a cheap filler & decide to grab it.

The other side, as Comicwiz points out, is how much business has RMA cost himself with this pettiness? Who simply will refuse to order from a guy that can blow up such a small incident into such a mountain. How many have quietly placed him on ignore & will refuse to sell to him, filing it away under "not worth the potential hassle"? Considering this is RMA's stomping grounds, the effect could be much greater on him than MCS.

Really, I'm betting that RMA finds a deal he wants at MCS much sooner than MCS wants to sell him another book.

ar132163187396473.jpg

monica-bellucci-picture-3.jpg

Monica :cloud9:

This woman will still be hot even in her 50s....

My greatest disappointment in life is that I'm never going to be trapped on a desert isle with Monica Bellucci. Top three most beautiful women of all time in my opinion

My greatest disappointment in life is that I'm never going to be trapped on a desert isle with Monica Bellucci. Top three most beautiful women of all time in my opinion

If it wasn't for the fact that she is so 'clingy' .. I would have re-considered dumping her for my current future ex-wife, also it really bothered me that she was never able to make some decent enchiladas, gosh knows she tried. I haven't talked to her since I put that restraining order on her back in 2003..

Yup, I think so too.

(thumbs u

Thanks.

No need to get cute.

Well said, and I'm in wholehearted agreement on most of your points.

While I have had disagreements with RMA on these boards, I'm not the type of person that holds grudges, and somewhere in that middle-ground of agreeing to disagree, there is a greener pasture where narrative and opinion from disagreeable personalities become manageable with a deaf-tone and muted level of tolerance.

That said, I want to make it clear that my opinion on this matter is not found in any bias or indifference towards RMA, but rather, toward the stereotype of the buyer who just can't be pleased no matter how hard you try.

If it wasn't for the fact that she is so 'clingy' .. I would have re-considered dumping her for my current future ex-wife, also it really bothered me that she was never able to make some decent enchiladas, gosh knows she tried. I haven't talked to her since I put that restraining order on her back in 2003..

Your mistake was not asking her to make an Italian dish :makepoint:

We have a really long thread. It finally gets locked.

Conan decides to start ANOTHER thread on the same subject.

I think reasonable minds could agree that RMA could "let it go" for the $1.50 or $1.20 or whatever.

I'm a little stunned though, that Conan would rehash an issue where I feel reasonable minds could also agree that the rigidity of the policy is illogical COMPOUNDED by the fact that it makes the company look really bad.

I'm not sure what the purpose was in restating or rehashing something and then leaving.

But it worked. More people got to give glowing kudos to past business dealings, and some people that were on RMA's side have grown fickle.

I was thinking the same thing...WHY on earth doh! would Conan, drudge this up again...but it was a brilliant move...it gave him time to contact supporters (if that is what he did) or for people who didn't want to go through 100 pages time to read a shorter version, started by him.

Simply brilliant...and leaving...even smarter, he won't be answering, so others will be answering for him:)

Meanwhile, since this really had run it's course

Has anyone noticed the VCC is starting today? I'm not posting there, so I'm not advertising for myself, but it looks like there are some BARGAINS:)

and it might be a positive way to end this thread if everyone would just move over to that one and shop till you drop:)

So, in the interest of POSITIVE community spirit, here...there is free coffee and donuts, brownies and lots of half naked women you can oogle;)

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=69