• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2000 A.D. Progs

4 posts in this topic

I just bought a 2000 A.D. Programme 2 and was wondering a few things:

1. How much does the lack of the free gift affect an issue's collectability/value/grade? I see the majority of earlier issues on ebay are missing them/they're not mentioned. Mine's missing frown.gif

2. Are some of the gifts just inserts? As in, just sitting on the interior, not glued on (like prog 1) or part of the binding (like Mark Jewelers or Tatooz). Can I buy a set of the missing stickers for mine (form a lower grade issue or something) or will I essentially be messing with the book?

3. I am assuming CGC does not grade 2000 A.D. because I could not find it in the census. Nor are they in the OS guide. Any place to get a rough estimate of value besides ebay tracking?

Me. smile.gif

1. I reckon about 30% value difference depending on the quality.

Seems much more demand for US stuff though.

2. I think most are attached. Could be wrong though.

3. 2000ad website has a forum and classifieds section as well as a valuation section. That should help.

Do you know of any forums with a UK focus?

Thanks for the info. I checked out 2000ADonline (which is what I think you are referring to). Unfortunately, their price guide was last updated in 2001.

2000 AD Price Guide

I did find a prog 2 auction currently at the Vault and, by the looks of it, the free gift is loose in this particular issue. Now, I have to keep my eye out for a beater with the gift....

488887-2000AD.jpg

488887-2000AD.jpg.194778162847be48fd8fadceacf4743f.jpg