• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The "wife tax" (slighty OT but not really)

9 posts in this topic

So......... I have been selling a few things to collector friends. Some local, some over the net.

The local stuff when my wife sees it go down basically wants a cut for shopping (roughly 10% of proceeds).

The buyer's wives are giving them the same grief, a cut for shopping.

Am selling a few things to a guy online. It was a big purchase for him and he had to run it by his wife. Well, she is taking a cut :) Extra trips to the mall for clothes and so on, working him for spending money with me.

Anybody else out there dealing with the dreaded Wife Tax? :insane:

I'm just getting a chuckle though out of how everyone's wife in this little circle I am dealing with is charging a tax :)

dear Bronty,

Possible bad timing on your part being within 3 weeks of X-mas now. Wife tax will soon be upgraded to adding (worship) to her jewelry collection which, I am sure, will be more pricey than your own collecting/selling habit. (tsk)

I'm just getting a chuckle though out of how everyone's wife in this little circle I am dealing with is charging a tax :)

dear Bronty,

Possible bad timing on your part being within 3 weeks of X-mas now. Wife tax will soon be upgraded to adding (worship) to her jewelry collection which, I am sure, will be more pricey than your own collecting/selling habit. (tsk)

oh she's never short of uses for a little spending money ;)

All depends on how much she was spending before you brought up the comic.

:insane:

Generally, if women feel they're being treated fairly (ie you're spending lavish amounts of money on them) then they won't mind as much if you spend lavish amounts of money on a comic.