• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Freaky X-Men 99 Variant

28 posts in this topic

Oh, I'm quite aware of the power of PS. I too have been using it since v3. Ain't it great?

Well then you should know that doing this to a image is a very elemetary task for PS.

What I'm saying is that the book is most likely a fake but why go to all of that trouble.

What trouble? You said a lot more was done than a simple cut and paste, this could be done while watching TV!

I think what Stronguy is saying is why go through even the most minor of effort if you're not going to try to capitalize. When he sent me the image about 4 or 5 years ago, there was very little awareness of price variants in general. It was not mentioned in the listing, and it was very likely unnoticed by most buyers. Could the copy be a hoax? Sure. Could it be real? I wouldn't rule it out. It would be nice to confirm its existence, though.