• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My First (and possibly only ever) Cover...and it's a BATMAN Cover Too!

3 posts in this topic

Batman: Joker's Apprentice #1 Cover

Pencils: Trevor Von Eeden

I had a good long mull over buying more OA and decided to just get it over and finally get a cover page just so I can say I finally have one in my collection and get over it. :frustrated:

I still have to pick up the actual comic for my collection, but comparing the pencil art versus the final produced cover is pretty interesting.

I was able to spot changes that the inker made (ie. only shows one eyeslit on Batman on the final piece, tweaks to the Joker's gun as well as overall changes to the background and foreground settings.)

Only disappointed that there's a 1/4" piece from the top of the bristol board missing. :blahblah:

118277.jpg.635f054948b93067ea4377bc5bbcc047.jpg

118278.jpg.691ed7fa7dec41946dde00d64106522a.jpg

The same week I picked up an interior page -p.4, also by Von Eeden (certainly not of the caliber or significance of the cover) but I was impressed with it. I had not seen his Batman work previously.

The cover looks great.

th_TrevorVonEeden-BatmanChroniclesJoker.jpg