• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Silver age G.I. Combat - awesome books!

53 posts in this topic

As promised, a sweet G.I. Combat sale.

All books guaranteed. Paypal is preferred. I'll quote shipping later.

First up....

GI Combat #87 VG+/FN- First appearance of the Haunted Tank. This was board graded a 5.5/6.0 a few years back. Really nice example of an ultra-key book. No real flaws to speak of – some vertical creases on front cover near spine. Tight and flat. Cream to offwhite pages. $450.00 SOLD!

gic87f.jpg

gic87b.jpg

As promised, a sweet G.I. Combat sale.

All books guaranteed. Paypal is preferred. I'll quote shipping later.

First up....

GI Combat #87 VG+/FN- First appearance of the Haunted Tank. This was board graded a 5.5/6.0 a few years back. Really nice example of an ultra-key book. No real flaws to speak of – some vertical creases on front cover near spine. Tight and flat. Cream to offwhite pages. $450.00

gic87f.jpg

gic87b.jpg

:takeit:

G.I. Combat #88 VG/VG+ Classic greytone cover. 2nd appearance of the Haunted Tank. A nice, tight flat book, with two long, very light crease on front cover keep this out of grade. Small 1/8” square chip out of left edge back cover. Cream to offwhite pages. $50.00 SOLD!

gic88-1.jpg

G.I. Combat #91 FN+ First Haunted Tank cover. Greytone cover. This is a key book, and considered one of the greatest DC war covers of all time. This is a really nice copy, and it is an incredibly hard book to find in any kind of nice shape. Offwhite pages. $125 SOLD!

gic91-3.jpg

G.I. Combat #93 FN Greytone cover. Another nice flat copy. Light Crease in bottom right corner of the book (good pressing candidate). Two very light spots on front cover when held to raking light. Love these big box 12-centers! $35 SOLD!

gic93-1.jpg

G.I. Combat #97 F/VF This is a deslabbed CGC 7.0 old label (CGC header clip included). Another monster book – greytone cover. Small hanging sliver/chip on right cover edge. Just a stunner. Light tan to offwhite pages. Just a great copy. $70.00 SOLD!

gic97-1.jpg

G.I. Combat #98 FN+ This is a deslabbed CGC 6.5 (CGC header slip included.) Greytone cover. Wicked cover, tight flat and lovely. Looks like two small color scrapes on the front cover are what brought this one down. Offwhite to white pages. Killer. $35.00

gic98.jpg

G.I. Combat #93 FN Greytone cover. Another nice flat copy. Light Crease in bottom right corner of the book (good pressing candidate). Two very light spots on front cover when held to raking light. Love these big box 12-centers! $35

gic93-1.jpg

:takeit:

G.I. Combat #99 FN- Great color on this. Greytone cover. Slight mis-align and just a tiny hit of roll – easily pressable if that’s your bag. White/offwhite pages. Coincidentally, this book came from an original owner collection that included the #87, #89 and #96 also in this sale. $30

gic99.jpg

G.I. Combat #105 FN+ This was graded a CGC 7.5 ow, but to me it’s more of a 6.5 – back cover has a small moisture spot and there is overall light soil on the back cover. Book is deslabbed with the header slip. Still, nice copy! $30.00 SOLD!

GIC105.jpg