• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hero Initiative JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA books.

239 posts in this topic

lol

I'll try to figure out a way to make it up to Mark! That was awesome :grin:

you brought a smile to my face Troy! I couldnt be happier that you got the Kieth! its soooooo beautiful and in my mind by far the best of the two! hopefully whoever won the Ross will at least op for CGC!

wow im so happy you made this! youre the biggest hero collector i know, so awesome! and happy birthday!

Got my email too. Extremely happy I was able to get these 2 and of course gonna have em CGC'd :)

Francis Manapul

JLA50_Manapul-Francis.jpg

Ardian Syaf

JLA50_Syaf-Ardian.jpg

Both are really nice

:o(worship)

And Greedo your book is sweet as well! Congrats guys :applause:

Got my email too. Extremely happy I was able to get these 2 and of course gonna have em CGC'd :)

Francis Manapul

JLA50_Manapul-Francis.jpg

You beat me out on this one! :sumo:

But I was told that I wasn't even close. lol

Arjuna, I can also confirm that one of DC's requirements was very clear - The auctions were NOT to be held on eBay. Are proceeds and visibility going to go down? Yes. But the opportunity to FINALLY offer a DC blank with 100 artists and reprint them in a benefit book were worth it, I think.

I am sorry I didn't post more threads about it in the Sig Room before the auction occurred. For some reason, I thought there was a discussion about this but I guess it happened a while back. We had a decent turnout at the event, and some covers had some spirited bidding. There were a LOT of proxy bidders for this from what I saw in terms of auction results. I had a great time hanging out with Troy and Jesse afterwards (including a cameo appearance by Danny Bonaduce, who sat down next to me and Troy, ate his slice of pizza and listened to me tell Troy all about San Diego Comic Con, and left) and seeing a bunch of cool artists/friends during the event. Even Michael Rooker (Merle from the Walking Dead) wandered into the event with a film crew and looked around.

I will tell you that a lot of covers from this auction are being shipped to CGC for grading. I'll let the winner of the Alex Ross piece decide what he or she wants to say about the piece. Some prices realized at the event:

Alex Ross $2500

Matt Wagner $800

Al Milgrom $700

Mike Kunkel $700

Joseph Linsner $650

Bill Morrison $650

Scott Koblish $600

As people say, this thread is worthless without pictures, so here are some shots of the covers that sold last night. Then I'll post some pics of the covers up for bid in January and February. If you live in Florida or are going to MegaCon, attend these events!

118416.jpg.24f1d01da9b174275de117f9160f7e7c.jpg

118417.jpg.96fa68a2271a1d9e39c298c3d287e10e.jpg

118418.jpg.4212e892a0901a582195d31598ee930a.jpg

118419.jpg.3d3dac27892f25332c8bebed6c7b09ef.jpg

118421.jpg.825e0064d57807a5a78e70c9b07b74a2.jpg