• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hero Initiative JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA books.

239 posts in this topic

Arjuna, I can also confirm that one of DC's requirements was very clear - The auctions were NOT to be held on eBay. Are proceeds and visibility going to go down? Yes. But the opportunity to FINALLY offer a DC blank with 100 artists and reprint them in a benefit book were worth it, I think.

I am sorry I didn't post more threads about it in the Sig Room before the auction occurred. For some reason, I thought there was a discussion about this but I guess it happened a while back. We had a decent turnout at the event, and some covers had some spirited bidding. There were a LOT of proxy bidders for this from what I saw in terms of auction results. I had a great time hanging out with Troy and Jesse afterwards (including a cameo appearance by Danny Bonaduce, who sat down next to me and Troy, ate his slice of pizza and listened to me tell Troy all about San Diego Comic Con, and left) and seeing a bunch of cool artists/friends during the event. Even Michael Rooker (Merle from the Walking Dead) wandered into the event with a film crew and looked around.

I will tell you that a lot of covers from this auction are being shipped to CGC for grading. I'll let the winner of the Alex Ross piece decide what he or she wants to say about the piece. Some prices realized at the event:

Alex Ross $2500

Matt Wagner $800

Al Milgrom $700

Mike Kunkel $700

Joseph Linsner $650

Bill Morrison $650

Scott Koblish $600

As people say, this thread is worthless without pictures, so here are some shots of the covers that sold last night. Then I'll post some pics of the covers up for bid in January and February. If you live in Florida or are going to MegaCon, attend these events!

Well I take back most of what I say, it turns out that a lot of people did know about it! My heads getting too big! i thought that maybe because I didnt know that no one else knew either! ahahahahhaha but wow congrats to all! im glad to see that some boardies won some sweet stuff!

hope the Ross was SS'ed!

Anyone know how much the Sergio Aragones, Art Baltazar, Joe Benitez and Jim Calafiore covers went for?

Aragones $400

Calafiore $500

Benitez $325

Baltazar $200 (This was the last sketch of the night, I think several people were tapped out by then, myself included.)

I'm dizzy from standing on my head to view them.

It's the weirdest thing. On my laptop, and when I view this thread on my laptop, all the pictures are right side up. When I look at this thread on my iPhone, though, they're all upside down! I don't know WTF is going on, but I'll try to post them correctly.

Anyone know how much the Sergio Aragones, Art Baltazar, Joe Benitez and Jim Calafiore covers went for?

Aragones $400

Calafiore $500

Benitez $325

Baltazar $200 (This was the last sketch of the night, I think several people were tapped out by then, myself included.)

Don't know about Tate's but I assume the Megacon books may go higher if the bidding is as spirited as it was for this year's Megacon original art auction.

Hey Joel....

maybe you can verify, wasn't there supposed to be a JIM LEE Cover???

I saw Lee's name on the promotion on the Hero website but didn't see anything from him when the covers came out. Lord knows how much it would bring.

Aragones $400

Calafiore $500

Benitez $325

Cool, thanks. Somehow this skipped my radar otherwise I may have gone there. Looks like the only cover near my ballpark would have been the Baltazar one. Were there any other covers that sold for $200 or less?

Hey Everyone,

I just wanted to share the news with you guys. I was fortunate to win one of the covers to the Hero Initiative Justice League of America 100 project. I won the Tone Rodriguez Piece. Also for a added bonus I found this when I opened it inside! And, yes it's going to CGC.

BAT6.jpg

BAT5.jpg

BAT2.jpg

BAT3.jpg

BAT4.jpg