• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

St Louis forums

95 posts in this topic

It really didnt take much to get banned there.If you wernt part on the in crowd you were gone.

That is such BS, and you know it. Same as this board, using multiple shill accounts would get someone kicked.

Honestly, I don't understand why you can't leave it alone. You do realize most threads, here and STL, are still up? There's probably even RStarz posts still around, going back to Comicspriceguide forum. Why dredge it all back up if you want it to go away?? (shrug)

Anyway, James ran STL as a very welcoming forum, but did keep control of it. No different than the Mods here do. (thumbs u

That is where we will have to disagree.

But have a good night. (thumbs u

Mods boot shill accounts here all the time, and that's all that happened on STL. You weren't victim of some "in crowd" nonsense.

The mods on STL, who were actual consumers and collectors, got together with comicsbuyersguide mods, also collectors, and connected the dots. Multiple user names associated with defensive posts about the whole Terrence Leder/Christina's Collictables/Ryan Elliot/Dennis Hooker/PGX fiasco, including "the shadow knows" account, were all registered from the same unique IP address.

Busted & booted, game over.

Well, except for the endless obsessive hatred toward STL and forever playing the victim-card. :eyeroll:

It really didnt take much to get banned there.If you wernt part on the in crowd you were gone.

Just curious - there is no user "the shadow knows" registered or banned that I can see at STL. What was your ID? Meaning, are you sure you were banned from STL?

Just curious - there is no user "the shadow knows" registered or banned that I can see at STL. What was your ID? Meaning, are you sure you were banned from STL?

Names were "dduck", "pgxit", and "theshadowknows".

I still log in there to see if anything new was posted.

me too, and mostly there is not.

Just checked it out for the first time...definitely had a ghost town feel to it...year old threads on the front pages...lots of threads with only the original post...unfortunate story you guys are telling...sounded like it was an interesting place back in the day.

I still log in there to see if anything new was posted.

me too, and mostly there is not.

Just checked it out for the first time...definitely had a ghost town feel to it...year old threads on the front pages...lots of threads with only the original post...unfortunate story you guys are telling...sounded like it was an interesting place back in the day.

It was

That is such BS, and you know it. Same as this board, using multiple shill accounts would get someone kicked.

Honestly, I don't understand why you can't leave it alone. You do realize most threads, here and STL, are still up? There's probably even RStarz posts still around, going back to Comicspriceguide forum. Why dredge it all back up if you want it to go away?? (shrug)

Anyway, James ran STL as a very welcoming forum, but did keep control of it. No different than the Mods here do. (thumbs u

Mods boot shill accounts here all the time, and that's all that happened on STL. You weren't victim of some "in crowd" nonsense.

The mods on STL, who were actual consumers and collectors, got together with comicsbuyersguide mods, also collectors, and connected the dots. Multiple user names associated with defensive posts about the whole Terrence Leder/Christina's Collictables/Ryan Elliot/Dennis Hooker/PGX fiasco, including "the shadow knows" account, were all registered from the same unique IP address.

Well, except for the endless obsessive hatred toward STL and forever playing the victim-card. :eyeroll:

Av Kev you missed your calling.A fantasy writer for sure.

I did not learn about STL until after they recovered from the big mess. I

post from time to time and frequently check the VariantMafia forum for

DC related posts. Mostly it is Marvel posts but sometimes DC gets in

there. I wish more would go there and post.

I did not learn about STL until after they recovered from the big mess. I

post from time to time and frequently check the VariantMafia forum for

DC related posts. Mostly it is Marvel posts but sometimes DC gets in

there. I wish more would go there and post.

you are the DC variant resident expert Jerome!

I thought you might though.

For the longest time, I would track variant prices by hand. I used to use hand written sheets and excel spreadsheets. As I tried to track more and more data, I guess I got lazy, and instead of writing it down, or saving it on something computerized, I was content to just post it online over there with the intent to go back and be able to mine whatever information I would need.

For a long time while the board was down, I continued to track prices. When I was informed that a ton of data and posts, research and discussion was lost, I quit. I think I took the loss of that data personal. It was alot of time, but I had enjoyed it, and thought that whatever I was tracking could be used, by someone.

I still do not think I am over it.

Sorry to hear Harry. I think I've heard an iteration of this story when I PM'd you about the project I was considering.

The STL forums is still highly regarded by variant collectors (at least the ones I hear from), and some of the latent posts can be found when searching online and serve as a big assist to new entrants.

There are also a few archive sources - some private and some open source - which have basically made a copy of the entire Internet. Not sure how important it would be for you to retrieve it, but depending on how long ago, some of your contributions on those boards may be recoverable.

Not going to go into details here, nor can I make any promises that the lost data can be recovered, but you're welcome to PM me about it. (thumbs u

I was a member there for a few minutes. Long enough to pester Dupcak (who was holding court there at the time) and get banned. :D

What was your ID?

I did not expect you to reply.

Going to make me look it up? *sigh*

Found it.

http://forum.stlcomics.com/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=283

When are you going to stop spreading the ip address story?You know its BS.dduck and pgx-it were posting 2 years before my first post anywhere.give it a rest.

When are you going to stop spreading the ip address story?You know its BS.dduck and pgx-it were posting 2 years before my first post anywhere.give it a rest.

You're the one who can't help himself from starting STL threads and trying to smear their good name. James wasn't a giant corporation, but he created an excellent hobbyist board and resource. Most of the folks running it were unpaid volunteers.

And I'm not "spreading" anything. Most of the PGX fiasco posts, here and STL, are still up. Anybody can search them out to read if they choose. The CGC board has plenty, like HERE

As I mentioned in the 1st page of the original thread, the transaction I had with them was weird.

The info that ebay keeps on record for ma4pres is:

Christina Leder

4450 Hilton Drive.

Eugene, Or. 97402

(541) 521-2620

When she finally replied from christinascollectables@hotmail.com she gave me an address.

Terance Leder

PO. box 2423

Eugene, Or. 97402

Several days later, I sent another e-mail, and recieved a paypal payment from:

Dennis Hooker

293 West 7th

Eugene, Or. 97401

His e-mail address with paypal is: dhooker@pond.net

with an unconfirmed address, so I sent the book to Terrance.

We are talking about a $529 payment, so, I guess my point is: Who is Dennis Hooker? He must fit in here somewhere. The Leder's must have called him to make the payment. He typed in the subject matter manually with paypal.

Personally I don't think current boardies cares that much about either the Leder/PGX fiasco or the Ewert/CGC fiasco these days. But it's like your hatred of SLT compels you to dredge up the past instead of just letting it fade away in to history.

It's both strange and sad you can't let it go and move on.

Personally I don't think current boardies cares that much about either the Leder/PGX fiasco or the Ewert/CGC fiasco these days. But it's like your hatred of SLT compels you to dredge up the past instead of just letting it fade away in to history.

It's both strange and sad you can't let it go and move on.

First off I dont hate the St Louis boards.I dont hate anything.

Im just diappointed that you have to spread your lies about me.When you stop your libelous postings then it will be in the past.