• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

are these auctions for real??? probably not :(

16 posts in this topic

Look at this guys auctions. He has a TOS #39 which he claims is a 9.0. He has a spidey 11,12 and 16 all in 9.0. His scans are sideways and all of his feedback on the first page are for buying. I wonder about this one. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=32734&item=2151999561

have a good week,

Ericc123

I don't know..all the scans are the same..they don't look like anyone elses I've seen and they seem to all have that desk or chest in them. I'd guess he may actually have the books but it looks like he may be overgrading a few of them.

Brian

Ericc123,

That spidey sure as hell doesn't look like a 9.0 to me -- way too many spine dings readily apparent from that poor scan and check out the TR corner, looks like he threw the book as hard as he could against a brick wall to get that "gently used" look grin.gifgrin.gif

Best,

DAM

The Spiderman 11 would get a CGC of 8.5 plus I'm pretty positive, maybe higher if you got lucky.

The book looks to be very crisp and flat, thats a big plus in that timeframe, some spine-wear and some corner wear but overall a very nice book, I don't think he's too far off on grade.

The one Graham Crackers is offering as a VF- looks to be far better than the one imaged above. The colors are processed and FTPed more reaslistically as well (note the blue), as I was going to point out before, but do so now as there's a similar scan for comparison. The Graham copy is unfortunately cropped too closely at the edges in the final editing to tell for sure, but what's there is notably superior to the one above.

I'd give the above imaged copy a benefit of the doubt Fine 6.0, but certainly no more than that, possibly less, pending a CLEAR, adequately sized scanned image.

I unfortunately was dealing with a seller in Duluth not long ago and I got his/her account "unregistered".. I wonder if this "seller" is back.. can someone PM me with their address and phone number and e-mail address (Ebay contact information) and I'll look into it.

Thanks!