• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BONUS ROUND 8: Feel Like Gambling? *DELETED*

18 posts in this topic

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

How about if you miss by one notch no penalty or bonus? shy.gif

No a gambling man Huh grin.gif, Kool I will edit it that if you miss it by one notch, no points taken away. shy.gif

Since you are in the top, your opinion matters alot. So to be totally fair to you and the current leaders consider this post Deleted.

flowerred.gif

Seems like the main benefit is for those way in the back with nothing to lose.

No guts no glory. thumbsup2.gif

I like this (and although I'm not sure anyone would do it) as we move further into the contest, the leaders can simply "call the bets" by keeping their grades close together with those following them.

This is more of a wildcard event and all bets are off!!

Post deleted by nikos61

Grrrrr... 893frustrated.gif

I say let 'er ride and give the leaders something to worry about, rather than just "grade grouping" to maintain their position. makepoint.gif

Put it to vote of everyone involved in the contest. But to keep it fair to everyone playing, If 1 person says NAY, then NO it is.

Put it to vote of everyone involved in the contest. But to keep it fair to everyone playing, If 1 person says NAY, then NO it is.

Nah, but keep in mind that I say NAY to grading any book older than 1970!! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Seems like the main benefit is for those way in the back with nothing to lose.

No guts no glory. thumbsup2.gif

I like this (and although I'm not sure anyone would do it) as we move further into the contest, the leaders can simply "call the bets" by keeping their grades close together with those following them.

This is more of a wildcard event and all bets are off!!

I really don't want to be a whiner ( tongue.gif), but it does damage the integrity of the scoring when you can "gamble" and one guess can move a player up more than dead-on grades from 2 other rounds.

Regarding the issue of keeping the grades together -- I hadn't really thought of that, but it is easily solved. With Nikos' permission, maybe concerned parties could PM their grades.

BTW, great idea and contest Nikos.... it's been a lot of fun!! thumbsup2.gifacclaim.gif

I really don't want to be a whiner ( tongue.gif), but it does damage the integrity of the scoring when you can "gamble" and one guess can move a player up more than dead-on grades from 2 other rounds.

Outside of all other considerations, it's still niko's contest, and since he's doing the work and donating the prizes, I wish everyone would stop whining and just let him do what he wants.

There have been parts of the contest I haven't agreed with, but it's not about my particular view of "fairness" and I just play by the rules. I also think it's silly to look at a gift horse in the mouth, and the offer of free stuff for placing a few grades is more than good enough for me.

For those who want to exert control over his contest, then set a new one up and we can all play by your rules.

Otherwise. boo.gif

Yeah.

The last 2 or 3 rounds anyone with a mathmatical chance of winning should PM the grade.

Or else the leaders will just wait till the last minute and copy the closest contenders grade to avoid being caught.

sumo.gif

There have been parts of the contest I haven't agreed with, but it's not about my particular view of "fairness" and I just play by the rules. I also think it's silly to look at a gift horse in the mouth, and the offer of free stuff for placing a few grades is more than good enough for me.

There are prizes?!? I had no idea. Guess I should go back and read the original thread. foreheadslap.gif

I missed the first 3 Rounds - I sure would like a chance to make those missed Rounds up somehow...

CAL hi.gif

Dont worry, I will come up with others in the near future. hi.gif

I missed the first 3 Rounds - I sure would like a chance to make those missed Rounds up somehow...

CAL hi.gif

Me too! I think I missed 5 though!

Davidking623

Next time around, I will leave the Post For The Contest up for a while, befor the contest begins.

There really is not much I can do to change it right now, just to be fair to everyone that has been playing from the getgo.

I will make the Rounds harder starting Round 8. NO more easy books.