• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Valiant Relaunch

301 posts in this topic

While I a die-hard Valiant fan.......

I wish moderns books took more than 5 seconds to read the whole book.

I might give this valiant relaunch a try, but judging from the preview of X-O #1 I just breezed though it in 3 seconds.

I might give this valiant relaunch a try, but judging from the preview of X-O #1 I just breezed though it in 3 seconds.

Good to see you've decided it might not be a total POS- relaunch anymore.

read slower

read slower

That book is also about the Cary Nord art... take your time... inspect the scenery. :grin:

Which Harbinger comic is more desirable Harbinger 1 or 0 mail away? Does anyone know what the approximate print runs were on those key valiants or if there is a website that lists them? Last question when is Shadowman being rebooted? Thanks!

Which Harbinger comic is more desirable Harbinger 1 or 0 mail away? Does anyone know what the approximate print runs were on those key valiants or if there is a website that lists them? Last question when is Shadowman being rebooted? Thanks!

Enjoy..... Valiant Fans

--Phil

Enjoy..... Valiant Fans

--Phil

More specifically, the price guide on ValiantFan.com includes approximate print runs.

http://www.valiantfan.com/valiant/guide.asp (thumbs u

For Harbinger #1 vs #0 mail-away...

Harbinger #1 has become more desirable than Harbinger #0 Pink. When it was released, Harbinger #0 Pink (required all 6 coupons from Harbinger #1-#6) was worth more than Harbinger #1 primarily because it was so limited.

Since that time, the market has shown that Harbinger #1 is either equal or greater than Harbinger #0 Pink,

despite having more than 10-times the print run.

My guess is that Harbinger #1 is more desirable because it was released before Valiant was a major success.

Harbinger #0 came out after the Unity crossover, so even though it is an earlier story, it's not an earlier book.

It's more limited, but it's not the first appearance of anyone and most copies have been well-protected since they were received.

Harbinger #1 has a good portion (probably 10%) with the coupon cut out...

several copies have splits on the spine at the top, bottom, or near the staples,

and some were actually mishandled because they were "just a normal comic" at the time.

The Harbinger #0 comic is easily obtainable as a reprint stand-alone comic from the bagged Harbinger trade paperback.

It's called Harbinger #0 Blue, and there are probably twice as many of those as there are Harbinger #1s.

No word on Shadowman in the new Valiant line-up yet, but I would bet it will be in the second round of titles.

The first round is 4 titles, X-O, Harbinger, Bloodshot, and Archer&Armstrong.

I would be pretty surprised if Shadowman doesn't make some kind of appearance in one or more of those titles

before getting his own series.