• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A tyro and his comics...

7 posts in this topic

Hi, I am new to the boards (I await my "Welcome to the boards!") and have been selling comics on ebay for the past year. Before this time, I had no knowledge of comics or grading. Over the course of this time all of my customers have been quite pleased with my grading and service. But, I wanted to test myself against some comic afficianados. So the point of my post is what would you grade this book:38f.jpg" border="0
38b.jpg" border="0
Also, in addition to the grading, does anyone suspect trimming on the right edge of the book. I have never seen a trimmed book, but noticed that the comics code box and the "#2 1965" box are sliced off a bit. Could this just be a printing defect??? Well I look forward to your responses and after you guys feedback Ill post my writeup/grade. Thanks in advance for you time!Gregory.

Welcome to the Boards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK - THAT'S out of the way. This is better posted in Grading and Restorationn than Gebneral - I mean - you are asking for a grade and an opinion about restoration. So - I mean - put it there will ya? tongue.gif

Oh yeah = Welcome again! grin.gif

Me too, 5.5-6.5 is a good range without actually holding the book.

Welcome to the Boards!!

sign-offtopic.gif

HEY FFB,

Where's my custom MrWoo blue shirt avatar? I'm all bereft and [!@#%^&^]... 893frustrated.gif (sorry just trying to blend in...)

Me too, 5.5-6.5 is a good range without actually holding the book.

Welcome to the Boards!!

sign-offtopic.gif

HEY FFB,

Where's my custom MrWoo blue shirt avatar? I'm all bereft and [!@#%^&^]... 893frustrated.gif (sorry just trying to blend in...)

Just tell me what photo or character you want and I'll take care of it right now! thumbsup2.gif