• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Derby City Comic Con - June 30, 2012

23 posts in this topic

outside of Tony Moore, pretty weak guest list. Same problem last year. If this show is to survive, it will need more top talent and more comic book dealers. I"m rooting for it as it's pretty close for me.

Wonder what the horror show nearby will do in terms of sucking attendees away.

I disagree. This is not a show that is trying to pull in attendees from CA or NY. If you live within a 2-3 hr drive it is a great show to attend.

I sold at this show last year and had a great show in terms of sales and everyone that I spoke to that attended was very excited and pleased.

Most of these are people that will never attend a Wizard Chicago, C2E2 or Comi-Con so maybe they don't know what a truly big show is. For the Louisville area the promoter Eric does an excellent job.

This show and the Cincinnati show that is run by Andrew are proof that good promoters in decent size cities can succeed with both retailers and attendees satisfied.

I will be selling again this year at location 121

Leroy

i disagree back. I buy ultra high grade copper and modern and didn't find one book. I collect signature series autographs, not one guest worthy of the money besides the Moore's. Good chance I won't bother this year. You compare this to other "local" shows in the area and it's not even close.

That is a very disappointing aspect of Louisville dealers, they have a horrible habit of mishandling new books they receive. I find myself traveling to many different shops, and walking away without a single 9.8 quality book :( for what it is, I do enjoy the con :) in comparison to Cincinnatti, Louisville has some more work to do 2c

Show is next Saturday.

I will be set up at location 106 on the floor plan. Stop by introduce yourself and maybe I can make you a good deal on something.

The floor plan shows me at 121 but I have been moved to 106.

Leroy

this show was a resounding thud. no crowd, no tony moore, no HG dealers. I said last year stunk and got some grief, said this year would stink and got some grief. It the dollar box dealers want to come on and say they had a fantastic show, then good for them.

I think this was the last hurrah for this two year old show. I really think there is room for 3 nice shows in the area, hoping Andrew decides to do two shows a year in the future.