• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS: Giant Size X-Men CGC 7.0

14 posts in this topic

I am probably whacked out of my mind thinking I am going to get what I am asking, but I am selling a Giant Size X-men #1 CGC 7.0 on ebay and looking to get $549.00 or the closest I can to it. I started bidding at $400...maybe I'll get some bidders. I am using the money to finance my submissions to CGC (I have a collection of X-Men #1 - #150 that I am getting graded)

Feel free to bid...or make fun of me for thinking I am going to get that for my book. grin.gif

Giant Size X-Men #1 CGC 7.0

Yea, that's a little high. I picked up a 6.5 for $180. I don't think .5 is going to be worth another $220. But you never know.....

the funny part is, I was looking at all the all the non-CGC "Fine / Very Fine" books and two just sold for over $500 and one is still up for auction with a buy now price of $599.

As long as I got anything over $400, I'd super thrilled, it'd pay for another submission of 25 "moderns"... wink.gif

Yea, that's a little high. I picked up a 6.5 for $180. I don't think .5 is going to be worth another $220. But you never know.....

OK, I dropped the bid to $300 and the buy now price to $499. Still high if you use the buy now, but if you jump in and bid, you could get it for a decent price...maybe?

the funny part is, I was looking at all the all the non-CGC "Fine / Very Fine" books and two just sold for over $500 and one is still up for auction with a buy now price of $599.

As long as I got anything over $400, I'd super thrilled, it'd pay for another submission of 25 "moderns"... wink.gif

I find the lottery mentality is similar on price variant auctions. It is that one chance in a million that the unslabbed book is undergraded and the buyer will be getting a great buy/pulling one over on the seller. With slabbed copies the mystery is gone, and the exact grade is out there for folks to know. Unless the flaws that caused it to grade out as such are "repairable" (and you really wouldn't know unless book was in hand or described to that detail by the seller), then flippers will be more likely to take their chances on the ungraded copy.

I find the lottery mentality is similar on price variant auctions. It is that one chance in a million that the unslabbed book is undergraded and the buyer will be getting a great buy/pulling one over on the seller. With slabbed copies the mystery is gone, and the exact grade is out there for folks to know. Unless the flaws that caused it to grade out as such are "repairable" (and you really wouldn't know unless book was in hand or described to that detail by the seller), then flippers will be more likely to take their chances on the ungraded copy.

That is true, very true...

...I just USUALLY end up on the wrong side of the lottery winnings...You know the feeling, bidding on a NM book that is a F/VF at best when you get it. 893frustrated.gif