• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Batman Death in the Family 426 - 428

8 posts in this topic

Howdy all.... Finally joined the Collectors Site and now am going through my vast collection of 80's books and hoping to find some decent stuff to Submit for grading ... And picked these badboys up on ebay at a decent price and was curious if the community could give these comics a look over and hopefully they come in graded really well... These are scanned in, still in bag and board . Probably might be some glare , but i really didnt wanna open them up. Now if that does affect the look over process.. Then i guess i can find a way to do it. Not really a matter of not doing it, just dont really want to touch these great issues... Loved this series and batman... anyway take a look at please let me know what you guys think . Thanks

Chris

scan0005.jpg

scan0006.jpg

scan0003.jpg

My guess (for what it is worth- as you know I am trying to get to grips with this 'art form' also..) would be NM for the first two, 9.0 to 9.4 hard to say without knowing how many defects they have) VF for the third, as it looks like it has a crease at the top of the cover, and a crease running along the right hand side..(but maybe that's the bag!)

I think you will need to de-bag them to get better scans, if you dare! ;) as the first two scans show obvious creases from the bags. and most posts that I have seen in here ask for back cover scans as well. Good luck! :)

thanks for the reply... thats still pretty good for the first 2 issues .... of course 9.8 would be the bomb.. and even that on the robin death cover ... but yea i noticed the crease at the top just as soon as i had been done scanning ... lol ... Yea ill have to get some gloves and open them up for proper scans. Thanks again

WTTB (thumbs u

You are going to need to take the books out of the bags and scan both the front and the back.

Look at how some of the other boardies do it, and be careful with the book.

Redid the scans on these books, took them out of the bags . And found more problems . Finger prints on 429 , a page crease or page fold on 427, and which i think a fingernail bent 428 on the top... cant think what else would cause that dent in that area !!

Anyway if these could be re looked at that would be great !! Thanks

Batman427FrontScan.jpg

Batman428FrontScan-1.jpg

Batman429Jan1989FrontScan.jpg