• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ROUND 8: Guess The Grade

76 posts in this topic

Since I've missed both weekend rounds, I feel your pain.

Maybe we should lobby to get an additional ranking of average score (based on those contests we did participate in).

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

We could lobby but it really wouldnt be fair to the ones that have been there thru the whole way!

Davidking623

Not saying to replace the total standings....

Heck, not even saying it would be official.

Sort of like season RBI's or number of wins vs. places vs. shows.... just another stat that would be fairly easy for our gamesmaster to generate.

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

Sadly I missed out on Round 1 as well. Could really use a good chunk of those first 10 points. sumo.gif

Round 8 is now closed. I will update the standings shortly.

893frustrated.gif

I missed it by a few hours!!! Can I get credit for my 9.2? I swear I didn't see the grade first. frown.gif

If it was up to me I would I believe you but I have to admit will ya trust me to go thru the rounds I missed and grade them I promise I wont look at anything till I give the grade! In my opinion though this wont be allowed as it just makes sense not to.

Davidking623

No, he should not make an exception for me. I was just speaking out of frustration. I missed the round, I shouldn't get the points.

What pisses me off is that I've been within one grade in pretty much each round. If I had done the same in round 1 that I also missed, I'd be tied for first place!!! 893frustrated.gif

Keep in mind that the first round was, IMHO, the toughest one by far, and it was one of the worst points-wise for most people.

Plus, nikos has bumped up potential point values throughout the contest, so you really can't compare the last few to the first one.

Since I've missed both weekend rounds, I feel your pain.

Maybe we should lobby to get an additional ranking of average score (based on those contests we did participate in).

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

We could lobby but it really wouldnt be fair to the ones that have been there thru the whole way!

Davidking623

Not saying to replace the total standings....

Heck, not even saying it would be official.

Sort of like season RBI's or number of wins vs. places vs. shows.... just another stat that would be fairly easy for our gamesmaster to generate.

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

Sadly I missed out on Round 1 as well. Could really use a good chunk of those first 10 points. sumo.gif

Yep...me too. We need the round average (in terms of grade steps off, not points) to determine the true winner!!

Yep...me too. We need the round average (in terms of grade steps off, not points) to determine the true winner!!

I'll suggest a compromise that would be fair, as opposed to bumping up the points of those who missed the tough first round.

Why not allow everyone to drop their lowest score?

That way people who missed the first round would not be penalized, and those who took part in the tough first round would not have johnny-come-lately's artificially bumping up their ranking.

I'll suggest a compromise that would be fair, as opposed to bumping up the points of those who missed the tough first round.

That way people who missed the first round would not be penalized, and those who took part in the tough first round would not have johnny-come-lately's artificially bumping up their ranking.

Methinks someone's taking this way too seriously! 27_laughing.gif

What are you talking about? You guys are the ones whining about missing the first round, and I'm just suggesting a potential solution that might be fair for everyone, since obviously, this flawed "average grade" fiction won't work.

What are you talking about? You guys are the ones whining about missing the first round, and I'm just suggesting a potential solution that might be fair for everyone, since obviously, this flawed "average grade" fiction won't work.

You're obsessing again Joe! 893naughty-thumb.gif

I'm not concerned about "winning" the contest and I don't think the rules should change mid-stream, but it would be interesting to see the averages and the # of rounds played. If you want to make up the rules, you start your own dang contest! 893frustrated.gif

On second thought...never mind... foreheadslap.gif

um...I thought that we were going to let him run his contest his way...seem to recall past posts mentioning that little tid bit when others had advice for him.... confused-smiley-013.gif

If you want to make up the rules, you start your own dang contest! 893frustrated.gif

First Rule of Chat: Never try and help whiners. 893frustrated.gif

You freaks are really too much. All this whining about average grades, boo-hoo'ing because you missed the first round, and calls for a new category of winner (or whiner in your case), and I'm being insulted for offering a solution to END THE WHINING?

Here's a solution: Stop Your Whining! thumbsup2.gif

um...I thought that we were going to let him run his contest his way...seem to recall past posts mentioning that little tid bit when others had advice for him.... confused-smiley-013.gif

Sure, but this incessant whining, person_without_enough_empathying, moaning and weeping about "missing the first contest" is extremely irritating, and I'd rather see a solution, than be subjected to the Whiner Boys.

Sure, but this incessant whining, person_without_enough_empathying, moaning and weeping about "missing the first contest" is extremely irritating, and I'd rather see a solution, than be subjected to the Whiner Boys.

I seem to recall trying to offer a solution in this game and being told I was acting like a brat at a preschool birthday party. confused-smiley-013.gif

I seem to recall trying to offer a solution in this game and being told I was acting like a brat at a preschool birthday party. confused-smiley-013.gif

You mean when Joe said "For those who want to exert control over his contest, then set a new one up and we can all play by your rules."?

Surely you realize by now that "The rules of Hypocritical Joe" only apply to others, not himself, right!?!? 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

You mean when Joe said "For those who want to exert control over his contest, then set a new one up and we can all play by your rules."?

Surely you realize by now that "The rules of Hypocritical Joe" only apply to others, not himself, right!?!? 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

thumbsup2.gif

[surely you realize by now that "The rules of Hypocritical Joe" only apply to others, not himself, right!?!? 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Hey Banner, get out your glasses and read this:

STOP YER FREAKING CANDYASS WHINING AND LET US ENJOY THE CONTEST.

YA BIG BABY!!