• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So what did I buy!??!?

10 posts in this topic

They do not have the borders on them similar to the pages I have seen also they appear very clean. Also the size is completely different. I am use to seeing information in the margins and the top of the boards having marks etc. Now I bought these because I like them and I am happy with my purchase I just was wondering what they are and if I could call the original art as they look to clean and sharp to be free hand and from the sixties ( but what do I know!!) Interestingly the book is selling for more than the art - don't see that every day.

$(KGrHqJ,!p8E63Zwg4W(BOzcPH5e4Q~~60_3.JPG

Well, you got them from Scott Eder, and he calls them 13x19 pen and ink originals. He a good art dealer. I would wager that's what you got.

They do not have the borders on them similar to the pages I have seen also they appear very clean. Also the size is completely different. I am use to seeing information in the margins and the top of the boards having marks etc.

This is par for the course when it comes to comic art. It isn't always drawn on standard 11x17 boards, especially the older stuff.

Thanks there is definitely a learning curve for me when it comes to OA! Yes my dealing with Scott Eder have been great. The pieces look even better up close and as I stated before I am very happy with my purchase and now I know what it is!!

Thanks again!!

This is orginal and authentic. It's a great deal for a complete 6 page story with pages averaging less than $25 per page.

I know a lot of art from that era were on smaller boards. Most have a stamping on the back from the publisher.

You made a great purchase... congrats n' enjoy!