• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sleaze sells!

64 posts in this topic

In this thread I will be listing lots of sleaze - magazines, paperbacks and digests, all with great covers! Many bargains among them, with an occasionally salty seasoning of reassuringly expensive - but never over-priced - rare and classic covers!

If your taste runs more to comics, you can find my Christmas comic book sale here

PLEASE READ THIS:

I am based in the UK. I am keeping shipping costs as low as I can though prices keep escalating seemingly month by month, and at these charges I am usually subsidising shipping. Here are the costs of shipping to the USA:

$8 by regular (uninsured) airmail or $18 insured expedited mail. Add $2 for each additional item. UNINSURED PACKAGES SENT AT YOUR OWN RISK! But I have never, ever lost a package. (Though I'd prefer to send valuable packages by insured expedited mail.)

:takeit: wins over pm's.

All non-CGC items may be returned if dissatisfied, but please note that I will only refund the cost of the item, not postage or packing either way. (The only exception will be if I have made a significant error in grading.) I will not accept returns of CGC items.

Hope that's all clear but if you have any questions please ask them before buying, not after!

PAYMENT BY PAYPAL OR INTERNATIONAL BANK DRAFT ONLY PLEASE!

No probies or trolls allowed. Everyone feel free to hang out, but bring your own beer and pizza.

CAMPUS TOWN "She defied their moral code" $100

Needless to say, a classic Norm Saunders cover, and a very high demand item. Bondage, whips, KKK, what more could you ask for? (I know, I know - beer and pizza, right?)

This attractive copy presents very well, with deep colors and some lustre. There is a tilt to the spine. There is wear to the tips, and light wear to the spine. There is a soft bend/crease bottom right which in no way breaks the color or the tension of the paper. There is a 1" crease top left back cover which does.

campustown.jpg

THE GORGEOUS GHOUL MURDER CASE $50 (way less than I I paid for it in this case!)

Another classic cover! Anyone recognise the artist? Earle Bergey perhaps? The cover image has survived multiple readings more or less intact and very glossy. The spine is indented and as a result the front cover does not line up with the right hand edge of the pages (the scan is slightly cropped but I can do another if anyone needs it!). There is a store stamp on the title page. Very scarce book!

gorgeousghoul.jpg

THE BITTER TEA OF GENERAL YEN $20

If you've never seen the 1933 Frank Capra movie of this book starring Barbara Stanwyck look it up - light years away from "It's a Wonderful Life" - and arguably the film "Lost Horizon" might have been! And it's far and away Capra's best movie - not a trace of sentimentality.

All of which adds special resonance as this cover image, much like the movie, is charged with eroticism.

Nice pages, average wear - well read but well preserved.

bitterteaofgeneralyen.jpg