• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Now this is an auction! Almost every Silver/Bronze Marvel! FF 1; ASM 1 etc...

14 posts in this topic

what is with the high bidder having no feedback? Ugh.,...if I was the seller, I'd be worried that someone is screwing with my auction and if I was a buyer I'd think the owner was bidding up his own auction.

no details on a collection like this? Odd.

what is with the high bidder having no feedback? Ugh.,...if I was the seller, I'd be worried that someone is screwing with my auction and if I was a buyer I'd think the owner was bidding up his own auction.

Yes, a list of the books (at least the money ones from 1968-back) would have been useful. They look G-F on the old ones and F-VF the later Silver and Bronze ones. Typical of most collections I'd say.

The picture keeps coming out blurry. Is that half of an avengers 1?

No, he has his foot in the picture! smirk.gif

Yes, a list of the books (at least the money ones from 1968-back) would have been useful. They look G-F on the old ones and F-VF the later Silver and Bronze ones. Typical of most collections I'd say.

What worries me is that it is an assumption you've made. If he really wanted to be evil, he could send totally different books. If I was selling a 18,000 book lot with full runs, I would have taken at least a couple of hours to make a list and make a more attractive ad.

What worries me is that it is an assumption you've made. If he really wanted to be evil, he could send totally different books. If I was selling a 18,000 book lot with full runs, I would have taken at least a couple of hours to make a list and make a more attractive ad.

If I was bidding I'd bid as though they were all 2.0 but I'm not so...

And I agree he should have put more time into it for an $18,000 auction for goodness shakes!

juggle.gif

Remember that the seller is a board member and dealer.

Not sure why:

1) The Reserve is less than $2.00 a book.

2) No more information given.

I would assume that most of the early books are either very low grade or restored and that there really is a bunch of 10-15 cent 80's books in the collection.

Still very interesting.

Only a few hundred books are shown and my guess is that what you see is pretty much it for Silver Age.

Only a handful of post 1975 books are shown, and those are mostly Star Wars and Miller DDs. As the listing does state that the collection includes Modern, I wouldn't be surprised if 8000-9000 of the books were post 1975. Unless there are some high grade Silver and Bronze keys buried in there, it might be hard to make any money on this lot. If the high bidder just wants an instant collection, well then maybe they feel it's worth it.