• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Storage Box

26 posts in this topic

actually, if it were me, I would patent a design for an idea to store MANY CGC books that looked asethetic (ie your wife wouldn't consider it an eyesore) and promoted good comic health by storing it correctly and not using materials potentially damaging to the books.

Imagine plastic snapin modules that would allow the books to be stored on side, showing the book name at the top, that firmly keep the book in place but allow removal by pressing on a release tab. Hmmm....

Off to the patent office I go...

Hey Zeman.........imagine a cabinet like that with inlaid stained glass in the doors! cloud9.gif

piece o cake. thumbsup2.gif

I will recreate Famous comic covers for each door insert.

And we can backlight it with a dimmer switch.

Now all I will need is someone to pay for it all.. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Well since it was your idea Red.....I think it only fair for you to buy a cabinet for every board member who asks for one.

And in the process , give me a lifetime supply of commisions.

See .. works out well for everyone. smile.gif

------But on a serious note... can you imagine how nice that would look.

I can. cloud9.gif

Hey Zeman.........imagine a cabinet like that with inlaid stained glass in the doors! cloud9.gif

Do you have any idea how heavy that would be? 893whatthe.gif

Those doors weigh 25 lbs each and are held in place with 4 hinges. If you added stain glass (I assume you are talking about leaded glass) they would weigh 40 lbs or more.

Please reference my coke machine analogy above. 893naughty-thumb.gif

piece o cake. thumbsup2.gif

I will recreate Famous comic covers for each door insert.

And we can backlight it with a dimmer switch.

Now all I will need is someone to pay for it all.. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Well since it was your idea Red.....I think it only fair for you to buy a cabinet for every board member who asks for one.

And in the process , give me a lifetime supply of commisions.

See .. works out well for everyone. smile.gif

------But on a serious note... can you imagine how nice that would look.

I can. cloud9.gif

I'll be taking order for the next three weeks. tonofbricks.gif

Really -- this was a huge effort to create these while holding down a full time job. I estimate it took over 250 man hours to complete them. Now that I have done a couple I could probably do one in 2 two weeks -- if the price was right. thumbsup2.gif

actually, if it were me, I would patent a design for an idea to store MANY CGC books that looked asethetic (ie your wife wouldn't consider it an eyesore) and promoted good comic health by storing it correctly and not using materials potentially damaging to the books.

Imagine plastic snapin modules that would allow the books to be stored on side, showing the book name at the top, that firmly keep the book in place but allow removal by pressing on a release tab. Hmmm....

I too have thought on this Sterling.. but I fear that after all the money spent in research, and patent red tape, and lawyer fees.. and then production costs.

The demographic of collectors who would actually buy these systems.. would not justify the outlay of initial cash.

Perhaps 500-1000 people/dealers total? If that confused-smiley-013.gif

I think custom made stuff might be the way to go.

Design units for each individuals needs, and be able to make them, as you said out of inert materials, that are comic friendly.And perhaps unassembled and easy to mail..and reassemble.

And if a case is stored on its side(is this agreed on the best way to store CGC comics?).. how can it be identified if it is on its side in a 3 sided box?

Reason I ask , is that I am getting closer to making a few proto types of CGC storage boxes.

Grant it they will be heavier, then what is out there.

But I am going more for safety, these will have locks, and cannot be bent/crushed.

As a way to store your HG CGC comics in a manner that befits true classy HG stuff.

I have always found it weird to stuff a $500-$1000 comic in a cardboard box, feels like I am parking a Porsche in a shanty carport.

That is the way to go. A storage unit that would eliminate the boxes. I store my slabs on a book shelf on their side, with the label tops facing outward. This allows you to read the titles of the books. Plus it looks cool having them lined up. thumbsup2.gif